Pages

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day! I hope you wished your mother a happy mother's day and did something nice for her. Something to keep in mind for older generations...flowers are nice, but gift certificates to restaurants and movies are nicer. Something they can use is always nice.

But if you need to kiss up to your lady always use flowers. :)

So I haven't looked at too many more condos yet, but I have gotten my pre-approval and narrowed down what I am looking for as well. At the rate I am going, I will never find a "used" place that I like, and I am probably only going to buy where my buddy TC has already purchased a condo.

On Friday it was confirmed that I have PCOS, this is something that I have known for a long time, but for some reason I need the doctors to believe it with all sorts of fun poking and prodding tests. For those of you who don't know what PCOS is, it's the leading cause of infertility among women. Go to PCOS.org to find more info.
I have a ton of options in front of me right now for treating it, but the main thing I need to do right now is lose weight. So no one is allowed to say anything if I start losing weight or if you don't think I am eating enough. I'm trying to be healthy so I can be a mom someday myself. It's actually very fitting that this happened Mother's Day weekend. I have been thinking about the whole motherhood thing and adoption and what it will all mean to me.
I do know one thing, I would like kids one day.

So this weekend my friend TC and I helped throw a party for our friend's birthday. It started with a Murder Mystery Dinner that her boyfriend put together. We had 8 people and we all got dressed up and played out our parts to see "who done it". It turned out that the jazz singer character that I was playing was also a hired assasin. I was supposed to kill the guy, but I accidentally got the wrong one. :) It was A LOT of fun. I am definitely going to do a few of these murder mystery dinners. After the dinner we had some people over and I managed to stay up until 6am. Most people had left by 3am and then we (TC, Remby and I) stayed up until about 5am. Remby went home and then TC and I did Tarot card readings. It was eerily accurate. TC and I stayed up and talked about what it meant and what is going on in my life. All in all it was a very emotional weekend for me. I don't cry, but I did about four times this weekend.

A fun quote from the weekend:
JR: "We can go back to my place."
DL: "Don't you live with your parents?"
JR: "I have my own room."
*laughter*
JR: "It has it's own bathroom off of it."
DL: "Well that's a bonus!"

:) too funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment