Pages

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

November Rain

November....it's here already, can you believe it? Today is a typical Worcester November. It's rainy and it's cold and people have started to get crabby.

They definitely need to listen to some good music, sit under a mood lamp thingy and relax.

So I haven't updated in a while. I'm moved into my new place. I am living with two people, Cate and Ray. Ray has a cat named Eilan. I think that's how it's spelled. Eilan's name is Celtic for "Independence". Cool name I thought. I'm still living in Worcester, I just moved to the other side of town. The bedroom is a little bigger than my old one, but I had to move everything I owned. Which I found out is a lot. I went from an entire apartment to one bedroom.
Not all of my stuff fits. :(
Ray and Cate already have everything, so they didn't need any of my stuff.
I'm subletting here because their old roommate moved to Boston, so I took his place. The rent is cheap and I'm only stuck until May. So in May I might move again. Or I might renew a lease at this apartment. Or maybe I will try to buy a place again.

So what else is new? Work is the same. I'm not doing any theatre stuff right now.
I am sponsering my friend Cate to get inducted into Alpha Psi Omega. That is the Drama Honor Fraternity at WPI. It's a little bit of a big deal to get inducted. I never sponsered anyone in before, so this is a bit fun for me too. Cate was extremely excited to get in.
My friend TC also got in. He was excited as well. I think that both people will be great additions to AYO.

What else is new? I have a boyfriend. His name is Anthony. We have been dating for about a month and half....and so far so good. :) He's a real sweetheart. A real nice guy. So few of those left. He's very smart, ambitious and a hard worker. And he says all the right things and also does all the right things. Actions speak way louder than words.
He's younger than me, so I'm robbing the cradle, but younger guys are cuter. :)
And for those family members who want to know, he is Italian. With a little French, but his family doesn't talk about the French. :)

Want to know anything else? Let me know.

A few people have asked me about my "secret" from a previous post. I'm sorry I can't write about it still. But if it's just killing you to know, send me a private email and I promise to write back and tell you what it was.

What else? Oh yeah, I'm not writing as much as I could be on my blog because I am trying to write a novel. This month is National Write a Novel Month. There is a website for it and everything. So I signed up. Our goal is 50, 000 words by the end of the month. I'm not even close. I only have 3000 words. And I have skipped writing a few days. And have I mentioned that I don't have a plot? And my character isn't named yet. But at least I am writing. I'm getting it all out.

I was also thinking about writing a political piece about why our generation doesn't seem to care that our friends are getting killed in Iraq. I don't care if you support the war or not. But it seems our media is covering the wrong stories. That our generation is talking about the wrong things and discussing the wrong news. I might write about it.
Ummm...that's it for now.
I'll try to update better. But it might be hard while I'm writing the book this month.

2 comments:

KJ said...

Excellent, Dani. You know, when you think that nothing is out there for you, it's then that something shows up. Glad you have a place to live, but I wasn't too concerned, because I'd always let you come here and stay (if you needed). As long as someone in the family has a home, so do YOU. :)

KJ

Dani said...

awww, thank you! :)

Post a Comment