Pages

Monday, March 13, 2006

Day 5

Day 5, I keep staring at the bag. It's emerald green. A paper bag, that is emerald green. It's really my favorite shade of my favorite color.
I have to peek. I'm going to. Hold on a minute.

The envelope is a lighter shade of green. Kelly green. The color that is almost a light flourescent shade of green. You see it a lot in the spring, but not too many people can actually get away with wearing it. I'm one of those lucky people who can, the color matches my eyes. Must be my Irish heritage. ;)

The box is white. It has a small white bow on top, the kind you see on Christmas presents. It's probably 2.5"x3"x3". It doesn't weigh too much. And when I shake it, it doesn't make a lot of noise. It also has a gold sticker on top that says "Wexford House" and in smaller letters underneath it says "Irish Imports & Fine Gifts"
I'm not going to look that up on the web. I really do want to be surprised. So if any of my journal readers look it up, don't tell me.

I also hope that I don't get all excited and it turns out to be a shamrock flavored candy and I got all excited. oops...not that I wouldn't LOVE a shamrock flavored candy. :) Hon? Really...not kidding, I don't care. It's wonderful that you got me something in any case.

But this curiousity is slowly torturing me.

I managed to distract myself last night and today with movies and a book. But the movies are done, and so is the book. Must do something else....a long walk, that could help.

More tomorrow....

2 comments:

TC said...

Any thought that maybe its an empty box and he is simply enjoying torturing you with the idea of a gift tha you can't open while he's gone and that he has the actual gift with him? hmmm.... no? too complicated of an idea? I thought so too. :)

Mimi said...

Dani..
Before you move ?? ?? ?? ??

About holidays...

the day before St Patrick's day for your IRISH part is ST UHRO's day for your FINNISH part..

You might want to google this as it is also interesting...

The only thing I can think of for the French would be BASTILLE day which I think is the 12 of July ( or maybe the 20th)

The Scottish part... I don't know of any particular day..

Post a Comment