Pages

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Orange crushed!

So I have been eating fruits that I don't normally eat so that I can avoid my food allergy....

Well, now I have another one...oranges. Yay.

So let's play a game...you suggest a fruit or a veggie. If I'm not allergic to it (yet) I will try it. But if I don't like it, I'm not eating it. Mom, I'm talking to you. I don't like cauliflower.
Yes, there is a funny story behind the cauliflower comment.

And I STILL don't like potato salad. Ever since I was born, my tastebuds haven't changed, I will never like it. And why you would want me to eat something SO loaded with fat and carbs is beyond me. Potato, and mayo. What else goes in that? If you say celery I will laugh, because that's on my list of what I might be allergic to as well.

4 comments:

Josie said...

star fruits, kiwi, mango, apricots, plums, peaches, gooseberries, rhubarb, avacado, asparagus, beets, okra

I know some of those are vegetables but that's about everything I could think of that you may not have.

Also look into jicama It's kinda like a big waterchestnut. My family slices them up like carrots and dip them in ranch dressing. It looks like a turnip/potato/root thing in the store. Size of a grapefruit and onion shaped. Mostly made up of water.

Good luck!

Dani said...

Hi Josie! I didn't know you read my blog! I love mystery readers.
Thank you for all of the suggestions. Kiwi, mango, apricots, plums, peaches are all on my list.

I will check out some of the others. But I don't really like avacado or beets.

I never heard of jicama.

Dani said...

(to continue) they are all on my list of things I am allergic to. (sorry!)

Josie said...

drat. I was hoping I could help in some way. And most people haven't heard of jicama, I've found.

And I read when you post. ;)

Good luck!

Post a Comment