Pages

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Ta Da!

Hey! Ho! What is going on!?

Look, it's me doing an update. So today I close on my new condo. FINALLY. It was supposed to happen back in April, and it's a really long story. But now I'm finally moving in, and I have a great interest rate and everything is going to be hunky dory happy.

Except that as we speak, it's pouring buckets outside. And I get to move in the rain. Probably just me and Anthony lifting our heavy stuff.
At least this move will convince me not to have as much stuff. Note to self, remind everyone not to buy you any more stuff. (this means Mom and Dad, who like to buy me stuff, especially for my new condo) I have enough stuff!
Especially cookbooks, I have about 12. Who needs that many? Not me.

These are the things that I will have to buy, but it is slightly against my will.
A washer and dryer. I have the hookups.....it would be so nice to have them.
A rice cooker/vegetable steamer. This is for healthier eating.
Besides that I'm staying in all the time now that I have NO money from buying a condo.
New furniture. The reason I need new furniture is because of my "severe allergy to dust mites" (this is a quote from doctor). The doc told me to get rid of as many things as I can that dust mites like to live in. Like my upholstered furniture. He said wipable surfaces, that way I can clean off the dust.
So the brand new curtains for my bedroom? yeah, not supposed to have those.
The brand new shades for my entire condo, custom made? Yeah, not supposed to have those either. (btw, thank you mom and dad, who cares if I am allergic, they are awesome)

So allergies totally stink. Who invented them, and why is it such a good idea?

My latest? No more peanuts and peanut butter. This could be my undoing. I love peanut butter pie, and peanut butter fudge, and peanut butter cups and peanut butter sandwiches. And yes, it's a weird family tradition....but peanut butter on hot dogs.
(if you like hot dogs, and you like PB, you will like it, I can promise. Weird, but it works)

It wouldn't be so bad if I had never had peanut butter....but I have, and it's one of my favorites. I may cry the first time someone eats peanut butter in front of me.

My doctor also told me to stop eating the stuff I am allergic to. Like fruits and veggies. I had some fruit yesterday, and I regretted it. Maybe the doctor is right.

In my family, my "thing" for the holidays is Apple Pie, and Peanut Butter Fudge. I'm really good at making these two things. And now I cannot eat them. Grrrr.
But maybe if I actually didn't try eating things I'm not supposed to, maybe I would be healthier... Read a funny book. I'll post more about that this weekend or next week. But it's about what you eat. And you are what you eat, and apparently, I'm a cow. :)

So that is my update. More allergies, but less than before (no longer allergic to dogs and grass, wheee! I can play in the grass with dogs!) and moving into the new condo.

Oh, and the update about Martha? It has now been officially announced at her company. She was asked to return to her former manager's job, so she received a raise and is moving back to Massachusetts. She is moving in with me and Anthony.

Pictures coming soon...once we are moved in and settled...and decorated a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment