Pages

Monday, July 17, 2006

And the beat goes on....

No change this week. It's really depressing and I am trying very hard not to be depressed about it. I go to the gym. I reduce the amount of food I am eating. (If I eat too little, my friends accuse me of starving myself) and when I go to the gym twice a day I'm told not to be obsessive.

But it's hard. And the reason? PCOS. Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. It's the leading cause of infertility among women. It causes middle weight gain (only women going through menopause know what that is like) hair growth where you don't want it (like a beard), male pattern hair loss (thank goodness I don't have this problem), acne, heart problems, diabetes II and mainly just ticks me off.

So I'm trying to not to get down on myself. But I'm not allowed to eat anything and I'm not losing weight. And my boyfriend is italian and loves his pasta. Once I explain that I really can't eat the same way he can, he is much more understanding.
Except now he wants homemade pasta from scratch...the man is teaching me how to cook.

So no weight loss. Boo. And yes, I'm cranky about it.

New medication started yesterday though...it should be interesting to see what happens. It's supposed to lower blood pressure (I don't really need that), raise your potassium (I don't need that either), but it also blocks that androgen hormone that causes the problems. Maybe it will help?

No comments:

Post a Comment