Pages

Monday, July 31, 2006

Lake excavator for hire!

Ok, it's an interesting title.
But it helped me reach my weight this morning on my Monday weigh-in.

I reached 165 today! Hurrah!

I *think* it might be because I had to dig in a lake this weekend. See, I stepped on a stick and it hurt. I figured that someone else might step on it too, so I better dig it up. Except that the stick was attached to a log, which was attached to a tree. By the time I figured this out, it was too late, I was stubborn and I wanted to dig it out.

So you have to picture this....I'm neck deep in the lake, directly in front of my house. Now, it may have been unlikely that someone else might have stepped on the stick, but because I'm so short, I thought it was more likely that someone (everyone who is taller than me, which is quite a few people) *would* step on it.

So I dug out an eight foot log out of the lake. The look on everyone's faces when I got it out was really funny. I still can't believe I did it. But it was great exercise. I had to hold my breath, dive and dig. And when I was bobbing in the water with just my head above the waves, I was digging with my legs. It was great exercise and I think it helped me shed some pounds. Besides that I was careful not to over eat in Vermont this time.

I also went for a long walk with my cousin Maeghan (who is getting married this fall!) and we had a great long chat. I was closer to my cousins when I was younger...I didn't realize until this weekend how much I had missed that.

And a thank you to my Aunt Kathy and my Uncle Larry who gave me the air filters, they will be put to good use! I'll write more later...I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment