Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

148 and Before Pictures

So this morning my Wii Fit "yelled" at me. This is because I reached my weight loss goal before my deadline and I think also because I lost 3 pounds last week and another 2.5 this week. I told the Wii Fit to shove it. :)

I will try to slow down though, I feel that 1 pound a week is healthy permanent weight loss. I won't be able to keep up 3 pounds all the time and the faster you lose it..the faster you gain it. I really think that you need to lose it very slowly.

I'll explain all of this in future posts while I tell everyone what worked for me.

Please remember though, what worked for me, might not work for you. I really believe that everyone needs to find their own path.

My official weight this morning was 147.7. I round up, so I'm at 148 pounds. I feel GREAT! I like looking at my "after" pictures from this past weekend but I still have a ways to go. I would like to reach 140 pounds before the end of summer. While my "after" pictures look great, I know that I can look better. I have a picture on my fridge of myself when I weighed 134 and I looked REALLY good. I'm looking forward to that.

The reason this post is being titled "148 and Before Pictures" is because 148 is a really significant number for me. Since college (during and after and all through my 20's) I have struggled with my weight. I don't really remember when I weighed what, but I do have this one email from Monday, September 16, 2002:

"Did you weigh yourself this morning? I did, and I have started a notebook to write down everything I eat. And when I get home I am going to go walking! (I weighed 148)
I also have a web page about eating breakfast...we should go buy breakfast stuff."

This was an email to my roommate at the time. We had decided to try and lose weight together. So I know that back then, I weighed 148 and wanted to lose weight. If I had any idea that in the future I would have gained almost another THIRTY pounds, I think I would have tried harder. I am going for a walk??? Try a RUN honey! We should go buy breakfast stuff??? WHY WASN'T I EATING BREAKFAST?!

With time, comes maturity and weight gain. But I have now lost weight and thank goodness I now eat breakfast every morning (and have for YEARS now). You really should listen to people who are older than you, they really are wiser!

So now the moment you have all been waiting for...and the one I have been dreading. Well, maybe you are looking forward to the after pictures more? I will be posting those tomorrow, so visit again tomorrow. :)

This is really difficult for me. For those of you who know me, I really prefer privacy and I do not like posting personal information about me on the web. I know that having a blog seems to be counter-productive to my whole "I hate social networking and prefer privacy online" thing but it's a control thing for me. I hate the lack of control I have over other people to post information about myself on the web. And confession time. What this really comes down to is this, I don't like photos of myself on the web. And most importantly, unflattering photos of myself on the web. I get this awful, embarrassed feeling whenever I see an unflattering picture. But that is all going to end now. I need to face photos of myself. I need to know what I look like. I truly believe you don't know what you look like until you look at a picture. So look at a picture of yourself. Say to yourself, "hey, you look great!" and then before you start picking yourself apart, make a deal with yourself. Make a deal to improve the health of your body. In return, your body will start looking really good.

This is a HUGE big deal to me. I am hoping by posting these pictures of myself at my heaviest weight that I will be motivated to NEVER return to this weight again.





I would like to thank my husband for being a loving, caring and supportive person. And I would especially like to thank you for still being attracted to me even when I gained weight. I love you Anthony. :)

I would like to thank my parents for taking these pictures of me and for purchasing the Body Bugg (I'll post on this later).

Thank you to all my friends who have been so supportive. You can't do it without your friends and family supporting you and being your cheerleaders!

And I need to go back to Disney and get a new picture taken with Tigger and Pooh. :)

2 comments:

AlarmClockWars said...

Good on you for being brave enough to post the before pictures! I can't wait for the after!

TC said...

Congrats on officially getting to 148. I'm looking forward to what next week will bring for the final weigh in.

Dani's done it. :)

Post a Comment