Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Cinnamon Toast Crunch!


Sometime last year I was grocery shopping with my cousin Colleen and we passed the boxes of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. I was mentally drooling and could vividly remember enjoying this cereal when I was a kid. Specifically when my parents took us on vacation on Sebago Lake in Maine. We usually got all sorts of junk that week that we would normally never eat...and that included Cinnamon Toast Crunch.
(sometimes I think my dad is a big kid hiding in an adult body, he always bought the BEST junk food!!)
I mentioned to my cousin how good I thought that cereal was and she asked me "why don't you get some?". Well, the reason I did not was because I needed to lose weight. Even though this was months before I would seriously begin losing weight, I told her that I could not get that cereal. And then I thought about it some more and I said "When I weigh 150 pounds, I will have one bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch."

Now, when I said that, I would only have needed to lose 10-12 pounds to eat that bowl of cereal. Fast forward and by the end of the year (2009) I was weighing in at around 175 pounds. After my wedding I came off of some medication that I had been on for years. After the first medication I gained about 10 pounds almost immediately. After the second medication I gained another 5 pounds. I had never been heavier and I felt really depressed and I thought about giving up.

Lucky for me and my health....I didn't give up! Fast forward from December 27, 2009 to June 17, 2010 and I have officially lost 25 pounds and I now weigh in at 150 pounds.
A few weeks ago at the grocery store....I noticed that Cinnamon Toast Crunch was on sale. So I bought it and I put it on top of my fridge where I could look at it every day and remind myself to stay strong and keep going. And I had some this morning. YUMMMY!
It tasted just like I remember it.
I was good. I measured out the correct portion size. 3/4 cup. That isn't much.
But a correct portion was only 130 calories and I was determined to do it. Every bite tasted incredible...just like vacations in the summer from my childhood.

I won't be eating this on a regular basis. (Anyone want to come over and finish my box?) The protein and fiber levels in this cereal don't compare at all to my usual cereal, Kashi GoLean. So as good as it tasted, it just wasn't satisfying.
I'm still hungry. So now I will have my mid-morning snack...Yogurt!

I'll dedicate another post to the yogurt. Sometime later in the future.
And now I'm off and running towards my next goal...140 pounds!

No comments:

Post a Comment