Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

My first "After" pictures

So here we go, my first "after" pictures.

A friend of mine pointed out that my "After, after" pictures will be even better and I do look forward to those pictures.

Thank you TC and Marybeth for the nice comments yesterday, posting those pictures for the world to see was really tough. I feel like I had more to "chat" about today, but I'll keep today's post short.

Pictures!

So here is my first picture. Anthony took this one when we were at Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory. I haven't eaten any ice cream yet, but I do have a little belly bulge. That is where I hold most of my weight, I'm an apple-shaped lady.
I have decided that this t-shirt and shorts outfit is not my most flattering, but it's a good picture and it reminds me that I still have a ways to go on this weight loss journey.
Next picture:

Here is a picture of me eating...see, I can lose weight and eat chicken parm sandwiches. And ice cream at Ben & Jerry's. hehehehe. Notice the tan line on my arm from the Body Bugg? Oh yeah, you will also notice I'm blonde again and not brunette-ish-red-ish. :)
Next:

This picture is blurry, but it's a great shot of how good I look in that dress! This is the first dress I purchased since I lost weight. I think it looks pretty good and it's VERY comfortable.
Next:

So this picture is proof that any picture taken at a bad angle will make you look 10 pounds heavier. This is why celebrities go to consultants to learn how to pose on the red carpet. Note to self: This is not a good pose for the red carpet. Or anytime a camera is within the vicinity.
Next:

Again, belly shot. This picture was taken with the camera below me, another bad angle. And why does my hair look red? odd.
Next:

Aren't we cute?! Proof that angle is everything. I look incredibly thin in this picture. It helps that most of my body is hiding behind Anthony and the angle of the camera just made my face look thin. Posing is everything. I might try to track down one of those celebrity consultant people.

So there you go...my transformation so far. I decided to show the pictures of myself that I loved (blue dress, eating chicken parm, me & Anthony) and pictures I hated (anything in that purple t-shirt) to show you that outfits and camera angles can really make a big difference in how you look.

However, what outfits and camera angles don't show...is how you FEEL. If you feel good, happy, well-rested and energetic then you know you are healthy. And being healthy is way more important than how you look. I can only imagine some of those thin celebrities also have unflattering photos somewhere. I think the tabloid magazines have them at the beginning of summer to show off the "worst celebrity bods". I'm just happy to know that celebrities look normal and they aren't super-robots ready to take over the world.
Happy Friday!

2 comments:

Ronja said...

Yea good job!

AlarmClockWars said...

Yay! So far, so good! Keep it up!

(And it is so true about clothes and angles. What looks good in my mirror in the morning does not always look the same later in the day in the sunlight.)

Post a Comment