Pages

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

4th of July weekend update

Hello everyone!

We had a great time in Vermont this past weekend. We went swimming and hiking and fishing and tubing and ate TONS of food. Which means I gained a few pounds. Lucky for me, when I got on the scale this morning, it looked a little bit better.
I will need to be really good the rest of the week to make up for it though.

It's amazing how quickly you can add the pounds back on, especially right after you lose them! I think that maybe in another year, once I have maintained this weight, then a weekend like last weekend won't put on a few pounds. This is my sister's theory anyway, I hope she is right. She was surprised to hear that I gained weight since I really didn't eat all that much junk food and I didn't drink all that much alcohol. But I think all that juice (three different kinds) + Rum + Grenadine will really add up. :) Mmmmm...rum punch!

Anthony ended up catching his first "real" fish in Seymour Lake this weekend. I have to put the real in quotes because he has caught some tiny perch before, but he says they don't count. He caught a really large small mouth bass. He also gutted it, and cooked it. And I tried a bite. It was pretty good! He has caught lots of other fish in other lakes and the ocean, but this was the biggest one that I ever saw him catch. I think it was around 19".

We also had fireworks every night. This was really neat for us, but not so much for Oscar. He is TERRIFIED of fireworks. Thunderstorms don't bother him and neither do gun shots. Just fireworks. Anyone have advice on how I can help him get over his fear?

We also got to see my friend Amy (from High School) and her husband Mike and their daughter Sophia! She is so cute! Almost makes you want one of your own...
I tried to teach her a few new words this weekend. She couldn't quite get the hang of Oscar, but she repeated a sound that sounded kind of like she was saying Oscar. She kept repeating that same sound, so probably in her head, it sounded like she was saying Oscar. She definitely has "puppy" down. Anytime she needed to be distracted, we could say "Puppy?" and she would instantly focus on Oscar. :)

Monday afternoon we drove home. On the way Anthony bought a mountain bike, he found a good deal on a model from last year and even negotiated the price. The A/C in the car wasn't working all that well, but lucky for myself, Oscar and Ronja, Anthony is a pretty handy car mechanic. We stopped at a rest area and he was able to fix it.

It was nice to get home and sleep in our own bed. We have started some more work in our condo. We had the electrician back to install some more lights and conduit. I can't wait for the finished product! I might not want to move! :)

Just kidding. I'll want to move. But my condo will be so cool when we are done!

1 comment:

AlarmClockWars said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I left you something over on my blog. Check it out when you have a free minute!

Post a Comment