Pages

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I feel fat.

Ok, the emphasis here is on the word FEEL. I weigh exactly the same as last week. :)

When I was heavier (and let's face it, even now) and I heard a skinnier person than me complain about being "fat" I got really upset. Because THEY were not fat. *I* was fat. They didn't know the meaning of fat!

So here I am, I have lost almost 30 pounds and for whatever reason, yesterday especially, I feel fat. How is this?! This is bizarre! How can I feel this way?

Honestly, I think it's just bloating or eating too much sodium or something. But I now understand why a skinny person might say "I'm fat." I don't think it will do any good to correct them and say "no, you just feel fat, you are not fat."

But I might correct it in my head so I that I don't feel tempted to reach out and smack them. If you have never weighed close to 170 pounds (or over) as a woman, you have never been fat. You likely never will be "fat".

But it's totally okay to FEEL fat. Now that I have gotten "skinny" myself and I feel like I did 30 pounds ago. Ugh.

Honestly, today I feel better. The scale says the same, but I feel better today. I had such a tough workout last night at Boxing Class that I am actually shaky today. I slept better than I have in a few weeks which was awesome as well. A good tough workout in the evening always makes me sleep better.

On to a lighter topic! Most people who know me know that I am obsessed with all things Twilight. I read an article today that explained the appeal of Edward Cullen to men so that men can learn from him on how to get women to swoon over them.
The article is really long and if men just want to skip all of the "Why" and head straight to the "do this" portion of the article, just skip to the end.
You can find it here:
What Men Can Learn from Edward Cullen

No comments:

Post a Comment