Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Please Wear Your Seat Belt.

This is a very serious post before the weekend.
I'm looking forward to this weekend, it should be relaxing. Anthony is going on a fishing trip with some of his buddies and I am going to be hanging around doing things around the condo and watching movies.

I'll tell everyone all about it next week, but for now, I want to remind everyone that EVERY time you get in the car, please please please wear your seat belt. Some people believe that the bigger the vehicle, the safer they are. However SUV's roll all too easily.

Unfortunately this past Monday a friend of mine was not wearing her seat belt and her SUV rolled on the highway. There were three passengers in the car besides my friend who was driving. Only her son was wearing his seat belt. He and one woman had minor injuries. Another woman in the car has critical injuries. Unfortunately my friend died last Monday. Her name was Zeli and I have known her for almost 7 years.
She always made me laugh and put me at ease whenever I went to visit her at the salon. She was a wonderful person and she will be missed very much.

If you want more information I have linked the articles here:

http://www.norwichbulletin.com/news/crime/x680544811/1-dead-3-injured-in-Interstate-395-rollover-in-Killingly

http://www.telegram.com/article/20100713/NEWS/100719928/1116/newsrewind

The obituary is here:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/telegram/obituary.aspx?n=zelideth-dambrosio-zeli-velez&pid=144084394

Please remember to always wear your seat belt. According to other information I have heard, she was cut off on the highway, lost control of the vehicle and it rolled. Practice safe and courteous driving. Everyone please have a safe weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment