Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Groove is in the heart!

I'm in a really great mood again today. I really do have a great weekend coming up. And it didn't hurt that this song came on the radio this morning.
Listen/watch it here.

Groove Is In The Heart by Deee-Lite. I dare you to sit still or not smile while listening to this song. :) I always get into a great mood when I hear it. In fact, I need to remember to download this one to my iTunes and add it to my "cheer me up" play list. Another song on that list?

Toni Basil - Hey Mickey


I used to listen to "Hey Mickey" on a Disney Rock Music cassette tape when I was a kid. I would roller blade in my driveway dancing and rolling and rocking away to that cassette tape. My dog growing up (a cocker spaniel, so cute!) was named Mickey and I used to sing the song to him. I loved that dog so much. :)

Story Time!
Fast forward a time. To a time after I had graduated college. I had been in an on/off relationship for almost a year and half with a guy who was a few years older than me. We started dating just before my senior year of college and we broke up almost a year after I graduated. Sort of. We actually broke up and got back together a few times before becoming official and then again after we were no longer "official". ANYWAY...back to my story. We had "the big break up" and I was depressed. My parents had gone away on vacation and I was house sitting for them while they were gone. I was working in Natick and commuting from Pembroke which was a bit of a hike back then. And I was depressed. And stuck in a lot of traffic. And then there was a big snow storm. So it took me a really long time to get home. As it was, I wasn't happy and the snowy commute made it worse.
And just when I thought my day couldn't get worse....a song comes on the radio. And it's one I haven't heard in AGES. It was "Hey Mickey". I immediately blasted it and sang along at the top of my lungs. I drove the rest of the way home with a big smile on my face.

This song never fails to cheer me up. If I had to pick one song for my life, it would have to be "Hey Mickey!"

Oh Mickey, what a pity
You don't understand
You take me by the heart
When you take me by the hand
Oh Mickey, you're so pretty
Can't you understand
It's guys like you Mickey
Oh what you do Mickey, do Mickey
Don't break my heart Mickey!

I hope everyone has a good weekend...and if this song is now stuck in your head...your welcome! hahahaha! :)

3 comments:

Chris said...

Not cool Dani, not cool at all!

Ronja said...

Great it is in my head too now. Funny part is I totally remember you singing it to the dog hahaha

Jo said...

Dad say's he will get Mickey out of the truck so I can sing to him. Maybe Dad should sing? Oh yeah, Mickey can't howl. :)

Post a Comment