Pages

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ouch.

I have been going to a Boxing Class since last November. I got started just before Thanksgiving. When I first started the class I was the only person in the class, and those workouts were really tough! When the instructor only has you to concentrate on, you get a lot of work and exercise with very little rest.

So last night was the first time since November that I was in a class by myself. And I didn't just get the instructor to myself, I also got a junior assistant. (Teenage karate student) A mother had called about possibly bringing her 16 year old son to the class, so that is why the junior instructor was there, he was going to work with the teenager during the class. Except that they didn't show up.

Unfortunately that happens often for the school. Loads of people will call, be interested, say they are coming, and then they don't show up. I don't think people realize that the instructors will prepare for a new student and be prepared to give them a great introduction to the class. So when a potential new student doesn't show up, that can be very frustrating for the school. Particularly in a case like last night where Michael (the junior assistant) was there and normally he is not. They do actually prepare and expect the new student.

Did I mention the first class is always free to try it out? (sigh)

Anyway, I'm just venting on behalf of the instructors at the school, who are some of the nicest and most easy-going people I know, but they are still running a business. If you say you are going to do something, you should do it.

Hehe...Dani Do It. That's what I do. :)

SO....Anyway. I had two instructors to myself and they made me work incredibly hard. Okay, so I also pushed myself. But it was an incredibly good workout. I told myself after the workout that I was NOT going to ruin it by eating junk when I got home.

I'll be honest. I had two spoonfuls of Ben & Jerry's. I am only human after all.

Coolest thing about last night's workout? Having the 17 year old karate student say "Wow! Her hooks are amazing!" Apparently I have really strong hooks. :)

Worst thing about last night's workout? I think I was trying too hard to impress the teenager. My right wrist is KILLING me. I think I sprained it. Or pulled a muscle. Or bruised it real bad. Typing hurts a bit. I can't lift anything with my right hand. Can't open doors. Any twisting is bad. (sigh) I guess it's a good thing that Anthony and I are having dinner tonight with his sister and her boyfriend. I think I would have to sit out tonight's kickboxing workout regardless.

Of course, that doesn't mean I can't do ANYTHING. I should be able to hit the treadmill. Fun fun fun. Ouch ouch ouch.

No comments:

Post a Comment