Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Vending Machines

Another short post for today.

Story Time!

So at lunch I usually sit in the same place at the table. We usually have the same people at lunch, at around the same time, sitting in the same seats and usually eating the same things we had for lunch the day before. And the day before that and the day before that.

It's a lot easier to diet when you eat the same things. Not as exciting yes, but easier to keep your caloric intake LOW.

So why did I title this post "Vending Machines"?

Because today one of my co-workers was out sick. So I ended up sitting in his spot. And I realized towards the end of lunch that I was craving a candy bar or a bag of chips, or cookies. Which is weird, because I usually don't care for these items, especially after I just had my yummy lunch of meatballs and summer squash!

Ok, who am I kidding? I always want cookies!

Anyway, back to my story. So what I realized, was that I was facing the vending machine. And then I wanted the food that was inside of it. I guess that big window looking at all the fancy packages with the strategic marketing works on me.

So my healthy advice for today? Don't look at the vending machine. Don't face it while eating your lunch and just avoid it all together. Pretend it's not there.
But definitely don't look at it for an hour at your lunch break.

No comments:

Post a Comment