Pages

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

I have a cold.

I'm sorry there was no post yesterday.  I have come down with a cold and I have been sick since last Friday evening.  No fun.  On top of that, Oscar is still sick too.  :(  Poor pup.  He has some new medication and is still on a bland diet, so I am hoping that really helps him out.

I probably won't have too many posts this week.  I have a busy work week ahead of me (I was out yesterday) and I need to study for my Server+ exam that is happening Saturday afternoon.  I'll try and post if I have some free time.

I will leave you with this:  (Mildly gross post....not as bad as last week)

Oscar burps.  Anyone who has met my dog has probably heard him burp.  It's pretty funny actually.  You hear this tiny little belch, you look around the room and then you realize it was my dog. :)  (Although...he hasn't burped in the past week...)

So because Oscar burps (I am guessing anyway) he doesn't fart. Ever. (no joke) One end or the other right?  So we are guessing that with his current issues, he has a lot of gas.  Either that or his butt is on fire, mine would be after that much "issue" back there.

So for the past few days, Oscar will be sleeping, and then with no warning he will jump up in the air, at least a foot.  It's like something bit him on the butt.  It's hilarious.  He will be sleeping soundly and then launch himself a few feet and then look at his butt.  We are assuming that he has farted and literally scared the crap out of himself. :)

I think in a previous post I wrote about how I was threatening to shave his butt. Yes, his poopy problems were that gross.  Oscar has incredibly long soft fur.  When I got home from work on Friday I took him out and it was so bad that I wouldn't let him sit down.  I made him go straight from the outside right into the tub. This is was one of those occasions where I wish we lived in a house with a hose outside. Then I gave him the bath of his life.  I didn't even change out of my work clothes.  This was an emergency situation.  After the bath of his life...the tub got the scrubbing of it's life.  GROSS.

Funny...I think both Oscar and the tub are about the same age...

I decided I didn't want to deal with the poop in his fur anymore and I thought shaving him was a good idea. But Anthony wouldn't let me shave him.   Instead I got out the scissors and I gave him a "trim".  My dog now has a fuzzy butt.  And I think I could have a second career as a dog groomer.  Seriously!  It looks professional!   If I can, I'll get a picture for tomorrow's post.  I bet you can't wait to see a picture of my dog's butt. :

Happy Tuesday!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Really, a picture of a butt? Good luck with that one! Tell me, does it still look like a doughnut? You know.... a "Dunkin" donut?

Post a Comment