Pages

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Apple Pie!

My sister and I made some apple pies last night.  Picture Time!

Here I am making the crust.  I almost look pregnant in this picture.  Too bad the shirt is just baggy and that is not an actual belly.  Well, it might be a belly, but it's a belly with fat, not baby.  (my baby is still tiny!)


Coincidentally (wow, did I spell that right?) I am wearing a maternity shirt today!  But that is because it is purple, and I wanted to wear a purple shirt today.  (Click here to see why.)

Here I am putting some holes in the top crust to let out the steam:

Here is the finished product.  YUM!

Oh, don't you want to taste this pie?!

If you really really really NEED to taste this pie, you can help Anthony move stuff this weekend.  I am sure he will be happy to share the pie, buy some pizza and provide some beverages. :)   Although, by the end of the day today, only half a pie might be left...hmmm, better help us out sooner! 

So now that you got to enjoy pie, I will finally share the book I was reading last week.  I was reading "Thirst: Volume 3".  This is the 7th book in a series of books that I read about 10-15 years ago.   This is a series by one of my all time favorite authors, Christopher Pike.   The series is called The Last Vampire.   I LOVED this series as a teenager and have re-read the series a few times as an adult.   Recently publishers re-released his books in a two volume set.  Thirst: Volume 1 contained books 1-3 and Thirst: Volume 2 contained books 4-6.   When I found out there was going to be a sequel I was beyond excited!  And then I was wondering how it would all happen, after all, book six ended with everything tied up in a neat little bow.  Without giving too much away (in case you decide to read these for yourself) I was very pleased with the explanation.   The ending I wasn't too sure about....but it leads to another sequel!   Or maybe in this case it is now a series. 

Anyway, Christopher Pike has a TON of young adult novels out there.  All are good short reads.  Well, short for me, I read fast.  I highly recommend his adult novels too, my favorite is Season of Passage.  The Blind Mirror and Falling were pretty good as well.   He has another novel, Sati, that I used to read whenever I was in a funk and needed to feel better again.  Funny, I haven't had to read it in a VERY long time.  I bet my husband has something to do with it.  I guess I don't feel sad or lost anymore. :)

If anyone wants more recommendations, let me know!  Or ask me about my favorite books.  I love to discuss my favorite authors and their books.  I'm always looking for something new.  I was thinking about trying out The Chronicles of Prydain next.  Has anyone read that series?

And of course, I should probably work on my own novel as well.  Maybe after we move.  And after all the other things I have to do.

3 comments:

Justin said...

John Christopher's The Tripods series are fantastic. I recently re-read them AGAIN (although I believe there has been some editing since the original versions... there is one very explicit visual I recall from one of the books that is NOT in the version I just read).

Marybeth @ AlarmClockWars said...

Mmmm... apple pie... I just busted out my famous pumpkin pie recipe for the first time this season. I tweaked the spices a bit, and it didn't have quite the result I hoped for. Guess I have to try again!!

Mimi said...

Dani, the pies look scrumptious... and I wish I would be there to have a bite.. Thanks for keeping up the tradition started with MY mother ..

Post a Comment