Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Belly Pictures

It occurred to me last night that I should probably start taking pictures of my belly's progress.  Lots of women take pictures of the expanding belly.  You can look it up on the internet.  Enter into your favorite search engine: "18 weeks pregnant" and you will get loads of all different sizes of belly.  This actually made me feel better.

Because I got nothing.  Except a little extra cushion.  I was on my way to a slim waist when I got pregnant, and now it just looks like I'm gaining back a little of what I lost.  Truthfully, I haven't gained that much, but I feel like it looks like I have.  I'm very sensitive about my belly.  I always have been.  Even when I had the body to show off a stomach, I never did.  I don't wear bikinis (I hate them!) and even through my obsession with Britney Spears, I have never worn mid-section baring shirts.  I don't like anyone to touch my stomach area either.  It skeeves me out.  I don't even like to let my husband touch my belly, it's like "Here, have a handful of flub!".

Even doctors touching my belly bothers me.  I'm really going to flip out when I start to have the pregnant belly and everyone wants to touch.  I hope not.  Hands off!  It's weird!  Why would you touch me?!   :)

So without further ado...belly picture!


Yes, I am sucking in my gut.  I could let it all hang out, but that ain't pretty.  Trust me, it isn't baby, it's just belly fat. :)  If I lie down on my back, I definitely have some "roundness" but when I am upright, my belly fat is hiding the baby for now. 

So now that I have officially posted one of the most embarrassing pictures of my life on the internet, I need to go breathe into a paper bag.

2 comments:

Aunt Kathy said...

Can't wait to see the progress!

Marybeth @ AlarmClockWars said...

Way to go! That's a tough picture to post, no matter what. I'm proud of you!

Post a Comment