Pages

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Better late than never.

I think this is the latest I have ever posted to my blog.  So for those of you that check it at night, phew, I got it posted in time.  For those of you that check during the day, tomorrow, I will seem to have two new posts!

So I promised to tell everyone about the WPI Reunion.  Well, I was disappointed.  I thought there would be a lot more people there.  Especially since I know that a lot of people are still in MA.  I knew a few people, but I had hoped to see more.  They actually combined two different graduating classes for the reunion.  At first I thought that was silly...how would there be enough room?   Then I discovered that both classes had a really poor turnout...so that is why. :)

Funny thing is...I knew a handful of people from the class of 2005!  That is because I ended up going back to WPI to do some theatre after I graduated, so I ended up knowing people from those classes as well.

I did see one friend when we first walked in.  I still had my sunglasses on, and it had been TEN years.  And he still recognized me. :)   I recognized him as well, but it took me a few minutes to recall his name.   He and I videotaped the football team (practices and games) together our freshman and sophomore years.    Then, while socializing, I saw another friend.   I remembered her name right away.  She played field hockey with a few girls who lived on my floor freshman year of college.  We were chatting and catching up and I mentioned that Anthony had also gone to WPI but we didn't meet and start dating until after college.
She said: "The same thing happened with ________  and I."
(I'm leaving out names for privacy.)

Then it hit me.  The guy I ran into on my way in and the girl I was talking to, were married.  And had FOUR kids.  (Four incredibly adorable and gorgeous kids I would like to add.)  It took me a minute to wrap my head around that!  We didn't get to chat as much as I would have liked, I was chatting with other people and so were they.  I let them know that I would track them down through facebook using my sister's account.  Hopefully they will accept her friend request so I can exchange contact info with them.   They live locally and I would love to catch up with them some more.

And I need to admit that I want their advice on daycare and affording kids, etc.  They have FOUR kids.  And they live locally.  And I was friends with both in college (thought it was separate circles).

I hope I get to hear from them soon.

In more exciting news...I probably would have posted this tomorrow, but it happened just before now.   I had a doctor's appointment today and Anthony and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time.  It was strong and steady.  It sounded like my own heart when I listen to it with my grandmother's stethoscope.  It was crazy, weird, cool, exciting and just plain old neat to hear it.  I'm still not "showing" thought my waist is getting thicker.   I have lost a lot of my first trimester symptoms and I can't feel it yet.  So it was nice to hear confirmation that yes, there is something in there.

I don't know why, but for some reason this week my mind started doing all the "what if's".   I'll write more about that tomorrow.

1 comment:

Justin said...

I would have gone but I was booked already for that day with something that was closer and less expensive (traveling and eating out is expensive).

Pretty much all of the people I want to keep in touch with from school I can contact through Facebook (or other means) if I want to.

Sad to hear is was a bit of a bust, though. I know you were looking forward to it.

Post a Comment