Pages

Tuesday, November 02, 2010

I caved.

I caved and I totally bought my first baby item last night.

It was a Halloween onesie (they call it a creeper).  It's black and white with a glow-in-the-dark ghost.  Since it was the day after Halloween, it was on sale for $1.50.  I couldn't resist.  It's gender neutral, so no matter what we find out tomorrow, it should work.  Hopefully it will fit.  It looked big.  This time next year, my kid will be around 6-7 months old.  :)  I have known about my pregnancy since August, I think I did a good job "holding out" and not buying anything.  The temptation to buy has been there all along! 

I didn't put anything else away last night at the house.  I was feeling a little lazy.  But I did get all my errands done.  So we are still half-living out of boxes.   I'll need to find the rest of my clothes soon though, I'm going to run out.   I work with all men, so they might not notice if I wear the same three outfits in a rotation, but then again, they might.

My plan tonight is to find clothes, finish unpacking the bathroom and go to kickboxing.

Oh yeah, I should probably start writing that novel too.  It's November 2nd and I haven't started yet.  It's National Novel Writing Month and I wanted to participate this year.  I better get started....blog posts may be minimal this month due to writing of the novel.   But hey, if I get a novel done, maybe I can get it published, then all my readers can read the novel instead! :)  (sigh...maybe someday.)

2 comments:

Tara Hamond said...

We already bought the crib and the changing table, and we're painting the nursery and have set up a registry. I needed to have the crib in the house because I was worried it would take a long time to come in.

I am really excited to find out what you're having! Can't wait to see Thursday's post.

wojo said...

See how much better you did than me! You told me on a Thursday and I bought stuff on Friday!

I look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.

Post a Comment