Pages

Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Mom Cave

Men get "man caves", now women can have Mom Caves.  (Although why didn't they just call it a Woman's Cave?  Not all women are moms?)   I have talked about creating my own space for a while but I wasn't really sure what to call it.  I don't know if I like "mom cave".   I think I prefer coming up with something better.   My cousin Colleen used to call her bedroom at my condo "The Fortress of Solitude."

That sounds way cooler than Mom Cave.  Of course I might have to go with something really geeky and call it The Crystal Castle.   That was She-Ra's place to escape when she needed some alone time. :)   And when I was little, I wanted to be She-Ra when I grew up.   One year my parents got me a She-Ra costume for Halloween.  Everyone in the neighborhood knew who I was that year, because for the entire month prior to Halloween, I wore the costume almost every day.   It was a REALLY cool costume.  I still have the glow-in-the-dark sword that came with that costume.   (you know...just in case it turns out that I CAN be She-Ra when I grow up. :))

Short post today as I am very busy.  I am leaving work early for a doctor's appointment.  Which means tomorrow's post will be way more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment