Pages

Monday, November 08, 2010

snow?!

I woke up this morning to the sound of Billy Joel (my alarm clock radio) and wet splashy sounds on the window (rain-ish).   I looked outside to see what today's weather was going to look like.  Because when you live in New England, the only way to really know what the weather is going to be like, is to look out the window.
(and even then, that's only guaranteed for about 10 minutes)

We had snow this morning!  It was just a light dusting, probably not even an inch, but it was enough to stick to the ground and make it appear snowy.  Of course the weather warmed up and the snow and rain has all melted away, but it was crazy to see snow this early.   I'm used to seeing snow towards the end of November, not the beginning.

And of course my commute to work was terrible.  It was bumper to bumper, stop and go almost the entire way.  Yuck.

From now on I will have to watch the weather forecast for more snowy, sleet-type of weather so I can plan my commute (and morning!) better.  See, Oscar loves the snow.  He really really LOVES the snow.  When there is snow outside, he does not want to be inside.  In the past I needed to plan a longer morning walk just so he could do his "business" and get a chance to run around and bury his face in the snow.  It's really cute.  My husband and I made a video of him playing in the snow last year and I have to say, it's pretty adorable.  

So usually, when I lived at the condo, I would walk him on a leash.  It was easy to control when we went inside, because I could just drag him if I had to.  In the week or so we have been living at the house, I have been walking with him outside but no leash.  I am working on training him to not go near the road, only do his business in certain spots, and to return to me when I call him.  He has been doing VERY well with all of this.  Especially "the return" command.  Usually a little whistle, snap of the fingers, or his name will have him running back to me as fast as he can.

This morning?   I whistled.  Nothing.   I snapped my fingers.   Nothing.  I said his name.  Nothing.  Finally I decided I was going to have to get a flashlight to see in the dark.  (he's black and white, it's hard to see him in the dark, even with snow)   Just as I went to go back in the house to find a flashlight, he came bounding toward me.  His face was totally covered in snow.  And I swear he was smiling.

It's hard to be mad at him when he's that cute. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment