Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Stephenie Meyer

Another author I would like to discuss is Stephanie Meyer.

She is the author of the very popular Twilight series.  I thoroughly enjoyed reading these books though I didn't think the author was a very good writer (these are her first novels after all!).   But her characters and her story were what drew me in and I couldn't put these books down.

I actually picked up the first one as a distraction from my wedding planning a few years ago and the next thing I knew, I was flying through them!  It was nice to have another series that drew me in like the Harry Potter books.  But since there were only 4 and they were easy to read, I was done with them pretty quickly.

I was curious about her other book, The Host.  Not enough to purchase it, but I did eventually borrow the book from the library.  It was another page turner!  I couldn't put it down.  I was very impressed with the story.  Yet again I was left wondering, how do I write a story like this?

So today's post is short, but I wanted to add Stephenie Meyer to my list as I would like to find an addicting story in my head like she has done.  I want to write it down and share it with the world.  I just need to get over my writer's block.

Author's website:
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment