Pages

Friday, December 03, 2010

Baby Monitors

Our first real baby stuff arrived yesterday.

We bought a video monitor on woot.com.  It was a great price and had great reviews, so we decided to get it.  It arrived in the mail yesterday, and if all of the baby stuff is as much fun as that baby monitor, I'm really going to enjoy collecting some baby stuff.

Seriously, this was more like a toy for me than anything else.   It has a camera that you set up in the baby's room (and it has night vision!).  It also has a two way microphone speaker, so I can walkie-talkie to my baby and say "go to sleep."  It also has a feature where I can turn on 5 different songs for my baby, little lullabies.

I set it up so I could play around with the controls and I discovered another feature, it can monitor the temperature in the babies room!  Neat!   So I put the camera on a speaker in the living room and turned it on just to see how it all worked.   I was playing with the buttons and I turned on the music.  Apparently this got Oscar curious so he went over to check out the camera.  On my end I got to see a big black nose sniffing the camera.  It was pretty hilarious.  

I think I will definitely be using my new baby monitor to spy on my dog until the baby arrives.  hehehe.

Anyone want to guest blog?  I will threaten you with gross pregnancy stories and even a "I saved money on my insurance" story.  Any takers?  Let me know...haha.   Until then, you can look forward to those stories next week.

Or if you are really lucky I will give you a blog post with a video of my dog.

5 comments:

Tara said...

I don't want to freak you out, but I saw this: http://www1.whdh.com/features/articles/hank/BO144489/ and it freaked me out.

Dani said...

Hey Tara -

Thanks for the link! I was already very aware that people could hear us or see us through the monitors. They will be very strictly shut OFF when not in use and we will be very wary of conversations we are having when it is on. I'm already a paranoid person, that is why I am not on facebook. :)

I remember when I was in high school and I was babysitting, and we could pick up the baby monitor signals all the time on our wireless phones. Not cell phones...remember those regular wireless phones you could take anywhere in the house! They were so cool! haha.

Tara said...

We are thinking of buying a security camera that would hook into our wireless network as an alternative, and we could view it from our computers (maybe even our iphones?). Alas, it will not tell us the temperature unless we put a thermometer in the nursery and point the camera at it.

Sarah Cargill said...

What did you end up getting?

Dani said...

We got this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Motorola-Digital-Monitor-Temperature-Thermometer/dp/B0041Q2V4W/ref=br_it_dp_o?ie=UTF8&coliid=I2IPOMUB2748PC&colid=34KGTEZQ55HPX

but we got it on woot.com for only $100. They usually repeat their deals, so keep an eye out for it. If you are interested, I'll let you know if I see it again.

Post a Comment