Pages

Thursday, December 02, 2010

I can't shut up.

I have noticed a new odd habit of mine lately.  I can't shut up.  I get on this tangent and I can't stop.  I just go from one topic to another and I am hardly letting anyone else get a word in.    I don't know what started this.  Is it a pregnancy thing?  Is it because I no longer live in a condo community and I have less people to talk to everyday?

It's very odd.  The funny thing is, I realize I am doing it, but not until I have been doing it for a few minutes.  It's usually when whoever I am talking to starts to get that glazed over look in their eyes.  I'm sure you know what I mean.  They are just nodding and saying "uh huh" and they have lost all interest in what you have to say.   I think I will try to listen more, talk less.  Seriously, I don't know what brought this on, but hopefully I can break the habit before people start complaining behind my back that I don't shut up....unless the complaining has already begun?

On that note, I thought I would try an experiment!   Does anyone want to be a guest blogger?  I will shut up for a few posts and let others speak.  I would love to hear about how people celebrate the holidays or anything else they want to talk about.  (Their pets, their kids, whatever!)   If you know me well enough that you have my email address, send me an email to let me know you would like to be a guest blogger.   If you don't have my email address, then leave a comment here stating that you want to be a guest blogger.   I will get in touch with you.
Blog posts can be about whatever you like.  Even posts with no words and just pictures will be okay.   Need to vent about something?  Go for it!   Want to start your own blog but you aren't sure?  Guest blog!

Fun for everyone and I can practice that not talking too much thing!

Fun Fact:  This weekend, I am totally watching this Christmas Special:
He-Man and She-Ra: A Christmas Special

I love watching Christmas themed episodes of my favorite TV shows and Christmas specials!  I'm so full of Holiday cheer this year.  It's so odd for me!  I'm usually Scrooge!  (This I am DEFINITELY blaming the pregnancy.)

Another Fun Fact:  My new profile picture is of a Mama Wolf and her baby.  Awwwww.   (yep, pregnancy again)  Mushy mushy goodness!

Contact me to be a guest blogger so I will shut up about all the mushy pregnancy stuff! :)

3 comments:

Lana said...

Hey!

This doesn't have much to do with your post, but I wanted clear the air about puppy chow!

Maybe after things calm down, I could do a guest blog. Gotta survive the big school craft bazaar this weekend! ack!

My puppy chow is for people, not puppies! ;-)

9 C. Rice Chex
1 to 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet choc. chips
1/2 C. peanut butter
1/3 C. butter, 1/4 if you use just 1 C. chips!
1 tsp. vanilla
powdered sugar

Put the Chex in a BIG bowl, and I make a little hole in the middle so the "goo" will spread all over.

Melt the chips, butter, peanut butter together and add vanilla.

Pour over Chex, and fold together until all cereal squares are covered with chocolate and stuff.

In a gallon zip-lock bag, add...oh... 2 cups of powdered sugar (can you tell I just pour not measure?). Zip and shake until the squares are coated with the powdered sugar. Continue until you are done. ENJOY!

Dani said...

Ha! That is hilarious. Here I thought your dog was getting some special puppy chow! :)

I think I have a lot to learn about being a mom. Chex mix puppy chow sounds yummy!

Marybeth @ AlarmClockWars said...

So love the puppy chow... My MIL makes it, especially this time of year. It is so good... but I can feel my thighs growing as I eat it!

Post a Comment