Pages

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Snow Reversal

The area that I live in is typically cold in the winter.  And if there is going to be a storm, we definitely get it. It could be nice weather everywhere else and where I live will get a foot of snow. :)

The past two days though, we have had a reversal of sorts.  The area that is usually warmer than where I live is actually getting the snow!  It's very odd.  I wasn't prepared for this at all today. When I got ready for work this morning there was a light dusting of snow on the ground.  So I wore my regular shoes and didn't think much of it.  On my way in to work, I started to see some snow flurries and by the time I got to the area where I work, visibility was difficult.  It was almost snow storm conditions!  Totally crazy!

And of course I wasn't wearing my snow boots.  Last winter they were my regular go-to shoe for the entire season (they are from LL Bean and look more like high-top sneakers).  Looks like I'll be wearing those again starting tomorrow.   That is of course until my feet swell up from pregnancy and I need to wear flip flops in the dead of winter.  That would really stink.  I hope I don't have to.

Has anyone else seen those Hyundai commercials with the couple singing Christmas Carols and they have a car parked in their living room?  They look like they are having a lot of fun.  I was curious if they were a real music group and it turns out they are!  If you frequent YouTube, then you probably already knew that, but I didn't since I don't really surf YouTube looking for cool videos.

Check out this article to read more about them.  I may have to download some of their iTunes music later.

I hope everyone has their shopping and wrapping done!  Only three more days.  Tomorrow I have the day off and will be going shopping with my sister and sister-in-law.  I have all my shopping done, so tomorrow is just for fun.   yay!   I probably won't post an update to the blog.   Check back on Thursday!

1 comment:

TC said...

I've been a fan of Pomplamoose (the Hyundai commercial people) for some time now. They also had a Toyota commercial where their cover of "Mr. Sandman" was played in the background. They also have a number of great covers. Reminds me in some ways of Pink Martini in their originality.

Post a Comment