Pages

Wednesday, December 08, 2010

The Velveteen Rabbit

Yesterday I received a gift for the baby from one of my co-workers, she gave the baby The Velveteen Rabbit.

This was a perfect gift!   I love to read and I love books.   I didn't read too many beginner's childrens books when I was younger (I started with Charlotte's Web) and so it occurred to me that I might need to make a list of books to get for my child.   I will also be raiding my book collection that is at my parent's house to collect my childrens books.   I do plan on reading to my child right away.  In fact, I may even start before she comes out!

This book really was perfect though.  I love animals and I love toys and I love books.  I think I was smiling for the rest of the day, it really made my day.

It also reminded me that I really want to write a children's book of my own.   My friend Marybeth is going to try to write 30 posts in 30 days on her blog.   I have decided to join her, but instead I will write a book that month.  (or at least begin one.)   I never did start writing during November.  I think I just got writer's block.  I couldn't get motivated.  But I like the idea of starting off January 1st with doing some writing.

Stay tuned for more information about that!

And to make you smile...this dog is so sad!  She/He knew she/he had done something wrong!  Poor doggy!
Sad Dog!

Don't forget to try and guess what I was talking about in my previous posts.  Here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment