Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Girl Scout Cookies...the ultimate temptation!

It's that time of year again.  For those of you that know girls in Brownies or Girl Scouts you know exactly what I am talking about.  If you don't, chances are one of your co-workers has a daughter selling cookies.  And we all want the cookies!

Have you ever looked at the nutrition information on these things?  If you haven't and you are not on a diet, DON'T LOOK!  You will regret it.   If you are on a diet, take a look, and then try to figure out how you are going to eat only one or two of these in a day...or a week.  Seriously, if you are really good, and you freeze them, they can last that long.  Maybe.  I tend to binge on these things.  And then I eat way too many and then I feel sick.  I do the same thing with candy corn.  (though I avoided it this past Halloween, was feeling too icky from pregnancy to even think about eating candy corn this year.)

But this year is different.  This year I am not on a diet.  And I am pregnant.  Does this mean I can eat the cookies?  Sure, but I still need to limit myself.  What I won't have to go with them this year?  The GUILT.

Girl Scout cookies for me always came with a side of guilt, but not this year.  This year I will limit how many I eat.  I have had practice already due to the diet last year and my pregnancy should help keep the demons at bay.  After all, my baby will probably love girl scout cookies, but she doesn't need to think that the food she will be eating will be just cookies.  Cookies are a treat.  Girl Scout cookies are a very special treat.

I'm pretty excited.  I just hope they come in before I am back to my diet...they always seem to take forever to arrive!  Mmmm...thin mints and peanut butter patties!

No comments:

Post a Comment