Pages

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Smorgasbord of Stuff

Before I started writing this post, I wasn't sure what to call it.  I decided on "Smorgasbord".  Then I had to look it up to make sure I spelled it correctly.  (it's s-m-o-r-g-a-s-b-o-r-d NOT s-m-o-r-g-a-s-b-o-a-r-d)

There are some other funny character symbols above some of the vowels, but I'm not sure how to do that in my blog post.  Maybe I can do a cut and paste from a website? 

Smörgåsbord

Hey look at that!  I was able to do it!  I found the information on Wikipedia.  Apparently, a smorgasbord is a buffet style of dinner serving multiple kinds of dishes.  This is actually my favorite type of meal and I'm not sure where the phrase came from in my childhood (maybe my Scandinavian roots?) but it is a phrase that I like to use.  And until I looked up the spelling (and thus seeing the definition) I didn't realize this is also my favorite type of meal!  Cool!

So here is your Smorgasbord of written thoughts ("stuff") from me today:

1.  Go stealth on facebook!  If you are a follower of my blog you may be familiar with my anti-facebook feelings.  Here is a great article to teach you to be stealth on facebook.  I'm actually a little tempted to go on facebook and just start stalking people while I stay under the radar and then freak my friends and family out with all of my knowledge...mwa hahahaha!  Oh wait, I'm a computer nerd.  I could probably do that without joining facebook.  MWA HA HA HA!!  (I'm kidding really...or am I?)
Here is the article:
http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home/article/111929/stealth-mode-making-yourself-nearly-invisible-on-facebook

2  I never did tell everyone the results of my second round of tests for gestational diabetes.  I passed!  And my doctor apologized for having to "torture" me and we chatted about why I failed the first time etc.  She also told me that a new test will be coming soon and that it should hopefully result in a lot less false positives and will catch a few of the people who slip through the cracks.  The bottom line was this:  I don't eat a lot of sugar and carbs, so the drink they gave me was a shock to my system and created a spike that made it look like I couldn't process sugar, therefore a false positive.  The reality is, I don't eat those kinds of foods very often, but I don't have diabetes.  Which is why I don't eat those kinds of foods.  I know my body can't handle it.  That is a result of my PCOS

3.  My sister and my friend TC are throwing me a baby shower this weekend.  Nope, it's not a surprise.  I'm looking forward to this party.  It occurred to me that this party will be like a birthday party for me.  My closest friends and family, I get to open presents and there will be cake!  How cool is that?!
Besides that, the baby is due so close to my actual birthday, that I think we won't be doing anything for my birthday this year.  Which is fine with me.  I think I will be busy anyway.  Or distracted.  :)
If you are coming to the shower, try to carpool, parking will be tough with all of the snow.  And of course, if you are coming from far away and the weather is not cooperative for a long drive, stay home and safe!  We will see you another time.

4.  Have you guessed at my baby game yet?  Please do!  Even if you don't know me.  Someone from Australia guessed!  How cool is that?  Except it could be a friend of mine playing a joke, but I don't care.  Take more than one guess if you want.  This is loads of fun for me.
Here is the link:  
http://www.expectnet.com/games/BabyVello

Okay, I think that is it for today.  I thought today was going to be a short post, but I guess not. :)
Happy Wednesday!  Today is day one of 32 weeks.  Which means I am 8 months pregnant.  HOLY COW!

No comments:

Post a Comment