Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Baby Room Pictures

Check it out!  A bonus evening post...  These pictures are a little overdue, but I know everyone wanted to see them.  You can click on any of these pictures to see them in full size.

First up!  My thank you notes (they have all hit the mail now...if you didn't get one and you want a fancy note card from me, please let me know.  I do have total baby brain and may have missed one!) and a netflix movie that needed watching:


Anyone need any gift bags or tissue paper?  I have lots!

This is one pile of clothes.  They are now all put away.

Hospital bag half packed and another pile of clothes in the back.  Ignore the messy room.

The crib!  Halfway done.  I was given advice to make the crib twice.  That means putting down a mattress pad, a sheet and then another mattress pad and another sheet.  This way, if I need to change the bedding in the middle of the night, I can just pull off the dirty stuff and underneath is new clean stuff!  

Look!  Buzz Lightyear!  He is our "practice" baby.  My sister and I also figured out how to use the wrap thingies I got with the Buzz Lightyear.  I didn't get a picture of that but maybe I'll do that again and get another picture.  

See?  Progress!  The room is still messy, but looks a little different.

It's hard to tell from this angle, but I somehow managed to squeeze almost all of the clothes in these drawers.  The rest of the clothes are on the hangers in the background of the previous photo.  And look!  Diapers!  Lots of them!

My favorite part of the baby's room so far.  Isn't it cute?

The crib!  Fully decked out!  I put in the quilt and pillow and puppy dog for the picture.  They will have to come out when the baby arrives as you are not supposed to have anything in the crib.  It has also been completely made now with the double layer I talked about previously.  We put the organic cotton sheet on the crib.  It is the softest sheet I have ever felt.  Now I want organic cotton baby sheets for MY bed.

And basically that is what the baby's room will look like.  Now I need to get to the other three corners...

I do actually have a deadline date to get this done.  My cousin and her boyfriend are visiting us in two weeks and I will need to have the room cleaned up for them.  Plus there is that whole baby arriving soon thing...I should get it done anyway. :)   I hope you enjoyed the pictures!

3 comments:

Chris said...

Nice color scheme, very soothing! Cute animals too!

Michelle 'Bumparella' Barraclough said...

Hi Dani, thanks for stopping by my blog and for the lovely compliments. I thought I'd stop by yours and check out progress on the nursery which is looking absolutely gorgeous so far. Buzz Lightyear looks like he might be settling in :)

Dani said...

Hi Michelle - thanks for the stop by! I'll keep an eye on your blog, I love your posts!

Post a Comment