Pages

Friday, March 18, 2011

Funny Friday

Last night Anthony and I were on the couch watching some episodes of 30 Rock.  Our baby decided that this was a great time to have a dance party inside of me.  I put Anthony's hand on my belly so he could get an idea of what is going on in there.  He said "wow, she's really moving in there!".

Yes, yes she is.  For those who have never carried a baby, here is what I am experiencing.  Imagine if you will, a tiny human baby.  Picture how much they jerk around and wave their limbs.  Then imagine that happening INSIDE of you.  Without any room to actually move.  Inevitably they are going to punch and kick your intestines, lungs, ribs and stomach.  Fun right?

So here is where I get graphic.  Skip this paragraph if you don't want to know.  I warned you.  Skip to next paragraph now.  My baby is upside down, so here is what I experience.  Imagine a tiny little fist punching your bladder, colon and (if you have some) your female bits.  This feels ten times worse if you have to go to the bathroom.  Also, all the pressure down there?  You are being squished, you have to go to the bathroom ALL THE TIME.  Then imagine the baby wants to roll over and your small and large intestine and anything else in the way gets pushed around while that happens.  Then of course since she is upside down, I get nice sharp kicks to the ribs and she likes to play hackey sack with my stomach.  Sound fun?  Sometimes it's funny.  Other times I am gasping out loud in pain and at the shock of it.

Ok, end of more graphic details.  Believe me, that could have been much worse, I kept it clean. :)

So Anthony still has his hand on my stomach and the baby is dancing around and he says (in a little pretend-baby voice):  "Let me out! Let me out!"

I laughed so hard I thought I was going to pee my pants.  Which is something pregnant women do as well.  If we laugh too hard or sneeze and we are unprepared....woosh!  (and I will admit....this happened to me once.  I was putting away some tupperware a few months ago and I was squatting next to the cabinet and I sneezed and then had to go change....it was pretty hilarious actually...so go ahead...laugh. :))

Everyone have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Sarah Cargill said...

I just have to tell you how much I laughed reading this and only because I know exactly what you are taking about : ). Even the whooshing : ) LOL

Post a Comment