Pages

Tuesday, March 01, 2011

grumble grumble, HR lady, grumble, health insurance, grumble

Our moms all teach us that if we don't have anything nice to say, it's better not to say anything at all.

So today's post is short and sweet.  Last night I found out that our health insurance on Anthony's company plan was canceled on February 12th.   Yesterday was the 28th.  They told us (and we have official documentation to prove it!) that it was going to end on March 13th.   And basically this is because of one person who either A) doesn't know the full ins and outs of the job or B) just decided not to communicate it to us. Since my husband has a pregnant wife at home and asked this person THREE TIMES if they were sure about their information....let's go with option A.

I won't get into this.  Not too much anyway.  But basically my pre-natal vitamins were denied coverage.
And I called my doctor's office to warn them not to claim all of my doctor's appointments just yet.

We are getting this mess straightened out, but in the meantime....WHAT A PAIN IN THE.....neck?  See, I can be nice. :)  

Last night though...I was mad.  I was ready to call lawyers and sue!  For the cost of my multiple 9th month of pregnancy doctors appointments, for my prenatal vitamins, for my pain and suffering and....yeah, I think the hormones were in control a bit.  But I was also wondering about the penalties that we face in my wonderful state for NOT having insurance because of the whole universal health care thing.  Weeee!

I took a bubble bath, stretched out my muscles and cuddled with Oscar to calm down.  This is because I was terrified that if I got too worked up I would go into early labor.  With no medical coverage.

By the end of the day today or tomorrow we should have it all straightened out.  And if all else fails, the HR lady at MY company will swoop in and save the day.  Because she is wonderful.  And does a great job.  And knows all the ins and outs of her position.   You really can't put a value on a great HR person.
Or an IT person.

Just thought I would mention that too. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment