Pages

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Wordless Wednesday

Occasionally I really want a "Wordless Wednesday".   This is where a blogger will post pictures instead of some writing.  Today I do have pictures for you, but I also feel like "talking", so you get both.

First up, the pictures.  That way if you don't want to read my ramblings, you can just get the cute pictures.  Yes, it's another belly picture, but not the traditional belly pictures.  I have pictures of Oscar cuddling with the baby for the first time.  At least that's how it looked from my point of view.  :)  These pictures were taken last week.


Awww!  How cute!

So what did I want to talk about?  My sister and I went to the movies last night.  I thought it was really nice of her to go with me, because she wasn't particularly interested in seeing the movie and there was no way my husband was going to go see it with me.  I felt the need to see this movie in the theatre because I know that once the baby arrives, it will be a loooooong time before I get to go to the movies again.

It was also really really really nice of her to go with me because this movie got terrible, really bad reviews.  So I kept telling her it was going to be awful.  And I prepared myself for the worst.

Want to know something about me?  I LOVE bad movies!!!  I thoroughly enjoy movies that make other people cringe.  Most of the time I can get something out of these bad movies and what I get is usually all I want out of a movie anyway.  A temporary escape from reality that brings me to a happy place.  I don't want to think.  I don't want my heart racing.  I don't want to be scared or excited.  I want to be calm and happy.  Disney movies, fairy tales and romantic comedies are usually a good bet for me.  The way I love to watch a bad movie?  Knowing ahead of time that other people thought it was awful, I lower my expectations and then I usually end up liking it...because I expected the worst.

Once I saw a movie that everyone hyped up for me, told me it was one of the best movies they had ever seen.  I got really excited to watch it....and then I hated it. Please, don't throw anything at me, but I really didn't like "Good Will Hunting" and I'm a Damon/Affleck fan all the way!  (sorry to those who like that movie.)

So the movie we saw last night was Beastly.  Because we were prepared for a really bad movie...I'm happy to report that we both really enjoyed the movie.  I can't speak for my sister...but I LOVED it.  Great movie, it was exactly what I wanted.  Plus it was bargain Tuesday at the movies, so we got tickets for only $6.  (Only $6???  I remember when a movie was $4!)  I know, I know...now I sound like our parents or grandparents.  But hey, I'm almost a parent, I think that means I can start complaining about the cost of things.
Like the price of gas these days?  OUCH!  I won't be traveling much if this is the price of gas. :(
Still cheaper than flying though.  Even those prices are gouging us lately.

Anyway....back to the subject.  I love bad movies, I can recommend a whole bunch of great bad movies.  There have been very few that I couldn't sit through.  But if you ever want a bad movie recommendation, I'm your gal!

4 comments:

Anne said...

I just have a "Good Will Hunting" fun fact. The L Street Tavern (which now looks nothing like it did then!) is 1.5 blocks from my house. :-)

Mimi said...

SO what was the movie you saw ?? You had me hanging.. (g)

Dani said...

Haha...the name of the movie is Beastly. I realized going back and reading my post that it looks like I say the movie was beastly.

Too funny!

Here is a link to the movie website:
http://beastlythemovie.com/

Mimi said...

Quotation marks would have helped (g)

Post a Comment