Pages

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Driving with Zoe

Today was my first actual day of "freedom".  And Zoe and I took full advantage, we went shopping! 

It was definitely weird to get back in a car again.  It's been a month since I last drove and my parents had borrowed my vehicle, so I had to adjust the seat and mirrors and just try to figure out where I liked everything.

So where did we go on our shopping adventure?

We went to Target where we picked up that copy of the latest Harry Potter movie (yay!) and we went to Sam's Club where we picked up some milk and a few other necessary items.  I had to use the shopping carts with her car seat because I can't lift her stroller in and out of the car yet.  It's way too heavy for me to try with my current condition.  I'm looking forward to some of the exercise that I will get with lifting all the baby stuff though.

And this morning we rocked it out to some Metallica, Ozzy Osbourne and Nirvana.  So don't worry folks, I am not brain-washing her with Britney Spears (not exactly the kind of role model my daughter needs anyway...)  And while we were in the car we listened to the CD I made for my wedding, which includes Elvis, Michael Buble, Beyonce, The Beatles, Peter Frampton, Alan Jackson and Weird Al.  So don't worry, she is getting a great mix of music to listen to.  Tomorrow we are going to listen to Muse and They Might Be Giants. :)

2 comments:

Lana said...

Congrats on getting out with Miss Zoe! I remember the first time I drove with our Tink in the car. I was SO NERVOUS! Enjoy your movie!

Martha Grace said...

She needs a little Britney Spears to be cool! lol

Post a Comment