Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I Talk in My Sleep.

My mom has told me that when I was a child she would frequently come into my room when I was asleep and that I would have full conversations with her (even with my eyes open) and I would never remember these conversations.

I have occasionally woken myself up talking as well.  It's pretty funny.

My husband has never experienced this phenomenon.  He is a very heavy sleeper and wouldn't notice if the world tumbled down.  But today, he got to experience my "sleep talking".  I took a nap this afternoon and he got to wake me up.  Apparently, this is how the conversation went:

Anthony:  Hey babe, you should probably wake up.  The baby is in her swing.
Me:  Who's on my lap?
Anthony: Nobody.
Me:  Is the baby on my lap?
Anthony:  No, she is in the swing.
Me:  We have two babies.
Anthony:  No we don't, we have one baby.
Me:  No!  We have two babies, they are both bottle fed.

At this point he started laughing.  I got really mad at him for laughing at me.

Me:  Why are you laughing?  Do you want me to punch you in the face?
Anthony:  I am going to take a shower.

He walked out of the room at this point and a few minutes later I actually got up.  He then repeated this conversation to me at the dinner table while I was feeding the baby and in my hormonal state I laughed and cried at the same time.

I think I am glad we don't have two babies.  Anthony is not sure that I was asleep.  He said my eyes were open.  I told him to ask my mom about my sleep talking. :)

3 comments:

Chris said...

Oh my God! Thank you for posting this! I needed a nice belly laugh this morning! Got me thinking though... I wonder if you would kick butt while sleeping...

Ronja said...

I do the exact same thing...

Marybeth @ AlarmClockWars said...

Chris, she would TOTALLY kick butt while sleeping! :)

Post a Comment