Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Food Cravings or not...

While I was pregnant all I wanted was chocolate, milk, and steak.  Occasionally hamburgers too.  And if I smelled garlic?   I thought something had died it smelled so bad to me.  I joked that I was like a vampire.  My husband cooked something with garlic in it early on in my pregnancy and I completely freaked out and ran around our place opening all the windows and lighting candles.

Yesterday my friend TC brought Anthony and I some lunch.  We decided to split a giant Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Egg for dessert.  I LOVE peanut butter cups.  I ate those all while pregnant.   Pregnant or not, I love me some Reeses.

We cut into the egg.  It looked really yummy.  It wasn't until after it was in my mouth that I realized I hadn't had any chocolate since I had the baby.

I can only imagine the expression on my face as I realized just how rich that egg was.  The chocolate was too much for me to handle.  It was so bad that for my next bite I just ate the peanut butter part.  That was awful too.  Too much!  So sweet!

I decided that the giant egg was completely unnecessary.  I believe it has "cured" me of my peanut butter cup cravings.  FOR THE ENTIRE YEAR.  Yep.  Don't believe me?  I immediately went into my freezer, dug out my stash of frozen peanut butter cups and gave them to my friend TC.  I GAVE AWAY my peanut butter cups. 

I don't want to see another peanut butter cup until the pumpkins are out for Halloween.  Even then I might not want any.

Then last night for dinner Anthony made eggplant parmesan.  I walked into the kitchen, looked over at the toaster oven and said "oh wow, that smells good."  Guess what it was?  Garlic bread.

I ate two pieces. :)

5 comments:

Sarah Cargill said...

So there's hope that I won't want cake, cookies and other baked goods for the rest of my life.......AND I might actualy be able to eat buffalo chicken wings again???? Woohoo : )

Lana said...

Our bodies are one of the greatest mysteries... I wish I could figure out how to stop gaining weight!

Chris said...

I know you said you gave away your peanut butter cups, but I still don't believe it......

Marybeth @ AlarmClockWars said...

It's a tragedy that you gave away the peanut butter cups! Glad you are up and around!

TC said...

MMMM Peanut butter cups. I can guarantee that she gave away ALL of her peanut butter cups. They are now in my freezer.

Post a Comment