Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Missing Post

Here is my missing post:
This coming weekend is our walk at the Southwick's Zoo for the Great Strides campaign for Cystic Fibrosis.  Did you miss my previous post about this?  You can find it here:  Blog post about CF.

I am really looking forward to this event.  We will get to see some friends that I haven't seen in a while, including meeting a new baby that was born just two days before Zoe!  They are practically twins.  Well, except for that whole not blood related at all and he's a boy and a lot taller than her already.  This boy's mother and I already decided that they will either fall madly in love or look at each other like they are related and say "ewww!".

Either way would be fine with us I think. :)

So the walk should be a good time.  The weather man isn't predicting great weather, but hey, it could always change (and it frequently does in this region!).  It will be fun regardless to see our friends and check out the animals.  Plus it will be Zoe's first trip to the zoo.  Since I love animals so much, I'm hoping it's the first of MANY trips to the zoo.

I would like to thank everyone who donated to our fund raising efforts!  We raised just over seven hundred and fifty dollars!  I never believed I would be able to raise that amount, thank you a million times over.  I was amazed at everyone's generosity.  Early next week I will post a picture of us at the zoo and will update everyone on how the event went.

Again, thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment