Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Naps.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could take a nap every day?  How about 3-4 naps?  Yes, this would be heaven.  Babies get to do it and I think I am really jealous. :)

Last night Zoe slept for seven and half hours.  That isn't how long she went in between feedings...that is how long she actually spent sleeping.  We think it may be a combination of the fact that she was awake most of the day yesterday and she was swaddled for bed.

We have been experimenting with no swaddle for bed, but she tends to wake up around 3am or 4am and start fussing.  I think she wakes herself up by moving around (kicking her legs, arms waving around).  So yesterday Anthony did a test run of what it would be like to take care of her while he is working.  And she stayed awake most of the day.  As I am typing this, she is trying to nap and I keep waking her up.  So why did she stay awake most of the day yesterday but today she is wanting to sleep all morning?  Maybe it was the change in routine with Dad taking care of her instead of Mom?  I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

Speaking of the test run....Anthony decided she needs to be in daycare most of the time.  He had a really hard time getting work done while taking care of her.  I was home all day in case he needed back up (and he did once, while on a phone call) but I think he did a great job taking care of her.  He even changed her outfit twice!

Anthony once told me that her outfit was never getting changed until it was stained.  Apparently spit up counts. :)

We decided to feed her a half hour earlier than our normal night feeding.  We want to start spreading out that last feeding, get her to bed earlier.  She ended up going to bed a half hour earlier, so that worked perfect.  I decided to swaddle her when I put her down though.  We did spend a few nights with no swaddle, but then she woke up at around 3-4am. 

It was refreshing to wake up so "late" this morning at 5:45am.  I'm hoping we can establish some sort of wake/nap schedule soon.  I want her to get a full nights rest.  A full night's rest for me too would be nice.  Then again, in a few weeks I go back to work...then I need to get up at 4:45 or 5am anyway.  Yeesh.

Maybe I can take a nap at work?

2 comments:

Sarah Cargill said...

Let me know when you figure out that wake/nap schedule LOL!!!

Lana said...

Naps are ALWAYS a good thing for Baby and Mommy! Take them as often as you can!

Post a Comment