Pages

Thursday, May 05, 2011

What is my day like?

Mostly my day is filled with taking care of the baby.

Some days I get dressed.  Some days I don't.  I do make an effort most days.  Today is not one of them.  I don't have to go anywhere and my pj's are comfy!

I have small windows of opportunity to get things done in between feedings (about every four hours) and changing (diapers, clothes) and pumping breast milk (every two hour or so).  So there isn't a whole lot I can get done.

In between stuff I try to get laundry done, dishes cleaned, and sometimes I feed myself.  But mostly I leave that up to my husband since he is a WAY better cook than I am.  I'm really good at PB&J sandwiches and most easy stuff like tacos.  Although apparently I am the meatball maker because the other night he wanted some to cook some in his gravy (red sauce or spaghetti sauce to us non-italians) and he asked me to make them for him.  I couldn't find the last recipe I wrote down, so I just made it up.  And they came out pretty good.  Then it occurred to me, I knew how to cook something!

I could probably be a better cook if I wanted to, I just don't have any desire.  And why bother when my husband is so good at it?  Wait a minute...that must be his theory on cleaning....

Yes, I am the one who is good at cleaning.

But not lately.  My house is a mess!  With Anthony working from home, it's tough to get stuff done during the day.  I am trying my best to be quiet and keep the baby quiet while he is on the phone with clients.  Someday we will move and he will have a real office and we won't need to tiptoe around the house while he is on the phone.

And then I am supposed to sleep when the baby sleeps.  Yeah right!  That's the only time I can get stuff done!  Like write blog posts, return emails, try to get my photos uploaded to the computer.  And oh yeah, pump more breast milk, feed and change the baby.  And feed me, can't forget that.

I'm pretty much a zombie.  I get about 3-4 hours sleep at a time.  Although Zoe is starting to show signs of sleeping longer.  We have had a few nights in a row of five hours.  Speaking of sleep, I probably should take a nap with her right now.  Then I can be refreshed to clean the house later.

Yeah right! haha.

1 comment:

Chris said...

Sounds like you're doing as well as any new parent can be! You're doing a great job momma!

Post a Comment