Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Zoo Results!

Hey everyone -  On Sunday we were at the Southwick's Zoo for the Great Strides walk for Cystic Fibrosis.  We were part of the team "Viver's Givers" which ended up being over 100 walkers!

Here is a picture of some of the walkers, we are all the way to the left in this photo:

Team Viver's Givers ended up raising over $11,000 for the Great Strides campaign!  I would say that is pretty impressive for the first year.  I do believe this will be a yearly event and that my family will try to stay involved.  It was a lot of fun to see my friends that I haven't seen in a while, including meeting my friend's baby who was born just two days before Zoe.

I would include a lot more pictures here, but guess what?  I didn't take any.  Nope, not kidding.  I got out the video camera and I did some video, but no pictures.  If I get a chance to transfer some videos, maybe I can share those.  My sister took some pictures, so maybe if she says it's okay, I'll share some of those photos.

We did have a lot of fun at the zoo even though it was raining.  By the time we were almost done at the zoo, it had started to pour.  We got soaked when we went in line to get some lunch.  Lucky for Zoe, her car seat and stroller had great umbrella shade things attached and she stayed dry.  My sister, myself and my husband however...we were soaking wet.  We had a good time though, I'm looking forward to doing it next year.

I'm sorry there were not more pictures.  I'll try to get some pictures posted for ya maybe tomorrow or next week.  And I'm glad everyone enjoyed my Steak and Cheese Sub rant the other day, I got loads of feedback!  Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment