Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Moving!

So we are moving next month.  So long state I have lived in since kindergarten.  Even when I went to college, I still didn't leave the state.  In fact, I have teased my family many times that they all left ME and that I stayed.  This came up because my parents moved out of state and far away and I don't get to see them as often.  It also comes up because back in high school, when I was looking at colleges, my mom told me that she hoped I didn't go to an out of state college because then she would never see me.

So I stayed local.  Then everyone left the state.  Eventually my sister came back, but now I'm leaving my sister behind.  I know it sounds funny to say it that way, but I do feel like I am leaving people "behind".  My sister, my closest friends, my favorite places to visit.  My hair dresser!!!  Who is going to do my hair?!

Yes, this is as important as finding a pediatrician and daycare for my baby.

Zoe doesn't care that we are leaving.  She won't ever remember living here.  In fact, someday she will probably ask where she was born and it will seem like some very far away place that she may never visit.  Kind of like where I was born.  (In Mississippi, if you were curious.)  I don't think I will ever visit where I was born.

I'm also sad to leave our daycare provider, she is great with our baby and looking for new daycare is a little stressful.  I LIKE this one, what if I don't like the next one?  Plus she gave our little girl a nickname, and it's cute, I'm starting to pick up on it.  I'm not sure if it will stick, but she calls her "ZoZo".  We also call her "Z-Monkey".   I pick one of the shortest names in the world for our baby, and we come up with nicknames that are even longer than her name. :)

So where are we going?  What will it be like?  I don't want to say too much about the location since this is a public blog.  But I will tell you this.  There is a nice yard.  It's up north.  It's not in the city.
If you know me...you can email me and I will send you more details.

It's close enough for friends to visit and it gives us a shorter drive to my parent's house in Vermont.  There, that's enough details for ya.

I'm prepping for a yard sale this weekend, if anyone wants to join us and sell stuff, let me know.  It is a multi family yard sale, the more the merrier!  I will be working on that all day tomorrow, so I hope I have time to post tomorrow.  I already know what I want to write about...

No comments:

Post a Comment