Pages

Friday, July 22, 2011

No Turkey Today

When I woke up this morning I looked out my bedroom window again, hoping to see another turkey.  There wasn't one today, but I did start to wonder what kinds of wild life I might start seeing in my backyard.  As far as I can tell there is another neighborhood right behind ours, but still, seeing some animals from time to time will be nice.

This entire weekend we will be unpacking, putting things away and cleaning.  It's going to be hot and miserable for all of us.  Well, actually probably just me.  Anthony doesn't react to the hot weather like I do and baby and dog are probably just fine as long as they are getting fed. :)  We will probably venture out and find a grocery store (we need food!!!) and maybe do some exploring of the area.  I do think it's really neat that our closest movie theater is actually a drive-in theater.  This next week they are showing Captain America and Transformers 3 back to back.  I'm hoping we get to go....I actually feel like I can wait until DVD for these movies, but I want to go the drive-in and these are two movies that Anthony wants to see.  SO...that means I might be able to convince him to go.  Unless it's a comic book film, Anthony waits for most movies to come to DVD before we see them.  Probably a good idea, it saves money, no crowds, etc....but I just LOVE movie theater popcorn.  But I guess not going saves me from the buttery popcorn as well....

I hope everyone keeps cool this weekend.  I found an article with some good tips to keep cool.  I shared it on google+ (I know, I know...I'm not on facebook but I'm on google+?) but in case you aren't in my circles there, I will share it here:
http://shine.yahoo.com/event/green/10-ways-to-keep-cool-at-home-without-a-c-2514394/
And if you want an invite to google+ just send me a note and let me know!

1 comment:

Have Chef Will Travel said...

One of my fondest memories as a kid, was going to the drive-in with Mimi,and Opa, they would bundle all us kids into the station wagon,and of we would go. the great part, is you do not need a baby-sitter.

Post a Comment