Pages

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Random Thoughts from Yesterday

Today I am going to post some random thoughts I had yesterday, but before we get to that....more Harry Potter!  Check out this corn maze (and a video at the end of the article):
http://blog.movies.yahoo.com/blog/1699-fanatic-farmer-creates-harry-potter-corn-maze

We watched "Half-Blood Prince" last night.  I love that film. It might be my favorite of the entire series.  But then I felt that way about each movie as it came out, including Deathly Hallows part 1.  So I'll watch that tonight and THEN I'll tell you which is my favorite.  Of course with the action and props and scenery and acting all getting better and better with each film, of course I will like the later films better than the previous films.

I'll be honest, it's getting a little painful to watch the first 2 movies now.  I have easily watched them over 10 times.  I almost have them memorized.  I probably will only watch them again when I have my last movie marathon (when all the movies are released on DVD) and then again with my baby when she is old enough to watch.  But that will probably be it.  Child actors....stupid humor.....ugh...can't take it anymore!

Okay, onto my random thoughts from yesterday:
1. Packing for my move has unearthed all sorts of "treasures".  Items that I haven't seen in a while and forgot about.  Stuff that I wonder why do I have this?  And I give it away or sell it.  But something I did find were a few random CD's that I LOVED listening to in the car.  So I put them in my car to listen to on my commute to work.

2. Listening to mid-90's club music reminds me of college.  And makes me drive faster while singing at the top of my lungs.

3. Putting my seat as far back from the steering wheel (which you are supposed to do anyway) while still being able to reach the peddles actually makes me drive slower. 

4. I know all the words to every song on Aqua's Aquarium album. My college roommates already know this of course.  They can thank my sister for introducing me to the "Barbie Girl" song in 1997.  It gave me my appreciation (obsession) with what I like to call "European Bubble Gum Pop Trash" music.  (Yes, I have every Aqua album and can introduce you to other groups I discovered after that...)

5. 2011 - 1997?  That's 14 years ago?  Wow...my brain can't remember stuff, but I still know all the words?  Cool!

6.  Last night Anthony and I went out to eat with my sister.  Anthony mentioned something about being there before with my cousin and her fiance.  He even remembered the dessert they got because it was some contest-winning girl scout cookie dessert.  I have NO memory of this.  I can't remember this at all.  I remember going to other places but I don't remember going to this particular place with my cousins.  And I was pregnant then so maybe that's why the memory loss?  Seriously ZERO memory of this.  But I still know all the words to Barbie Girl?  I'm so confused.....

7.  Going to Trader Joe's while hungry is a very bad idea.  I almost bought the entire store.  On the upside though, going to Trader Joe's while hungry encouraged me to try something new.  Guacamole Hummus = yummy!

8.  And speaking of hungry, here is my last random thought.  This woman has re-inspired me to keep at my weight loss journey from next year.  I have 10 pounds of "baby weight" to lose.  I only call it baby weight because I am 10 pounds heavier than I was when I got pregnant.  But since I was in a weight loss plan at the time, who knows what I was "supposed" to weigh at the time.  Anyway....  here she is, Miss South Carolina, you go girl!  (okay, clearly that 90's music has affected my brain...go girl power!  Spice Girls rule!  Ack...I need a dose of today to get me back on track...where's Adele?)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/12/bree-boyce-miss-south-carolina_n_895497.html

No comments:

Post a Comment