Pages

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Review of Captain America and Transformers 3....and a rare baby photo!

We went to the drive-in last night!  I think I mentioned in an earlier post that our closest movie theater is actually a drive-in movie theater.   Very exciting...because they also allow dogs!

So last night we packed up ourselves, snacks, baby, baby stuff, dog and dog stuff into the car, and as a family, we went to the movies together for the very first time.  I was very excited.

And so was Oscar:

And so was Zoe:

She was watching the screen, but every time I went to take her picture, she would look at me instead. She's already a tech-geek, staring at the gadgets Anthony and I will stick in her face for taking pictures and videos.

And we were mostly excited because they still have the dancing food (and dancing hot dog!) cartoon before the movie starts:


Zoe loved the drive-in.  I think.  We don't actually know what babies are thinking but as parents we always seem to "know" what they like or don't like.  It will be funny if we keep taking her to the drive-in and someday she says to me: "Mama, I hate the drive-in.  In fact, I hate movies.  Stop making me watch them.  And I can't believe you made me watch TV as a baby!  What choice did I have?  I couldn't even crawl away!"

Anyway...got off topic there...

Zoe stayed awake to watch the cartoon pre-show and stayed awake for the first part of Captain America.  She slept through the rest of it.  I enjoyed the movie, but I didn't feel like there was anything special about it.  I felt more like it was made just so they could make the Avengers movie.  And I think the Avengers movie is guaranteed to be awesome simply because it will have Robert Downey Jr in it as IRON MAN! :)  And seeing the preview (at the end of Captain America...stay tuned until the end of the credits, yes there is more!) reminded me that I will need to watch Thor and possibly the Hulk movies before the Avengers movie.  And oh yeah, the Iron Man sequel as well.

Intermission brought some more cartoon and classic drive-in entertainment.  I don't think this stuff has ever changed, and it never should.  Love it love it.

Our second movie was Transformers 3, Dark Side of the Moon.  I thought because this movie was so late that I would fall asleep.  HAVE I NOT SEEN THE PREVIOUS INSTALLMENTS?  And as someone so eloquently put it this morning: "Uh, yeah, you don't sleep through a Michael Bay movie."   And yes that is true, I was wide awake and watching the entire Transformers.

And so was Zoe.

She was asleep for the first part, but once the action started she woke up.  And stared at the screen in what I can only assume was awe and fascination for the wonder of Transformers.  I'll just assume she thinks it's cool because her dad and I think it's cool.  Or it could have been all the bright colors and sounds (er, explosions).  I figured she would just fall back asleep since it was VERY late and she would normally be sleeping. 

Would you believe my baby stayed awake and watched the entire Transformers movie?  Does that mean I can review it and say this movie was awesome?  Well, in my baby's mind, it was certainly enthralling.  In my mind, it was okay.  I didn't really understand the purpose of a third movie.  It seemed a little boring and pointless to me.  The action scenes were actually hard to watch because some things happened so fast.  But then again, I also stayed awake and watched the whole thing.  And then I went home and tried to sleep...and couldn't...I was jazzed up from the movie.  And when I did sleep, I was dreaming about Transformers.  They really are very cool.  Who wouldn't want a car like Bumble Bee?

For those that go see the movie...there is one scene where I turned to Anthony and I said "So does this mean that Chevy is better than Mercedes?".   I wouldn't want my product represented as a bad guy in this movie...

And if anyone was wondering how the movie was with a "replacement Megan Fox", I thought her replacement, Rosie Huntington-Whitely, did a good job.  (Let's face it, in these movies, the women are an object to be admired, just like the machines, so I think the word "replacement Megan Fox" works here.)  I had a hard time believing the relationship between Sam and Carly, but the acting from our new lead actress was pretty good.  She was drop dead sexy and still very likeable.  And since I'm a female struggling with my weight and not feeling too great about myself at the moment....that is a huge compliment for Ms. Huntington-Whitely.  I will likely watch to see what she does next.

So overall...I thought the movies were just okay.  But I thought the drive-in was AWESOME! :)  Even if I didn't get home until really really really late.  And even though I couldn't sleep because I just saw some action-packed movies.  And even though I am probably going to crash this afternoon and need a nap REALLY bad!

We should get nap-time at work.  Happy Thursday everyone!

3 comments:

Lana said...

Lucky you to have a drive-in so close. There is one in Monticello, but that is still a good drive away from me. I should know because I taught there for 16 years! ;-0 Still, it's a great way to see a movie, unless you have a Twister moment! ;-)

Anonymous said...

which movie do you think was better?

Dani said...

I would rate them about equal....but if I HAD to pick one, I would pick Captain America. Mostly because it isn't the third movie in a series and it does get you excited for the Avengers movie.

Post a Comment