Pages

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

This makes me feel ill.

So yesterday I was having a conversation with someone about what else, but the whole trial that everyone is now talking about with it's shocking outcome.  I don't believe for a minute that everyone involved is entirely innocent.  Someone, somewhere knows the truth and they are not talking.

But that isn't what makes me feel ill.  While we were discussing the trial, we somehow got on the topic of what was considered neglect.  And then it led to accidents and charges against parents when there is an accident.  I strongly believe in bringing "bad" people to justice.  I get really worked up over defending the innocent and defenseless. (see my multiple baby bird posts!)  But where do we divide the imperfect humans from the monsters that hurt the innocent?

What makes me ill, is that I need to be a perfect parent in this world, or I may be arrested or investigated for child neglect or endangerment.

Don't believe me?  Check out this post I found on the web:
http://www.sgvtribune.com/opinions/ci_18407789#ixzz1RINwmZyx

I guess sleep is now out of the question.

And it will be easier for me to lose the baby weight if I feel sick to my stomach all the time.  :(

3 comments:

Have Chef Will Travel said...

I am not going to second guess the jury as far as that tial goes, the media is doing enough of that.
As for the cases of alledged neglect,get a goodnights sleep,more mistakes are made because of lethargy, then are made when one is well rested.

Anonymous said...

Perhaps the reason they were arrested isn't because they took a nap but because they didn't make their home such that young children can't get out unattended. Bolt locks should be locked when you are sleeping and they should be above the reach of someone young enough to not realize the dangers of going outside alone.

Dani said...

I don't know the exact details surrounding the circumstances here...but I do know this, a very determined three year old knows how to get out a step stool and undo a bolt lock.

At which point is it okay to put our kids under lock and key? Will we then be arrested for cruelty for locking them up so we can sleep?

Sometimes there is too much interference from well-meaning people. I think a reprimand and a warning would be appropriate if my child got out of my house, not an arrest and a permanent spot in the "records" of the police department. (which would be, by the way, on the internet and completely searchable by potential employers!)

Post a Comment