Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Burnin' Calories!

There is a lot of construction going on in the building where I work.  The building has new owners and they are remodeling.  The other day they started remodeling the bathrooms used by most people and we had to start using the bathrooms at the front of the building.  This isn't really a big deal for me since I used to walk all the way down to these bathrooms anyway in an effort to walk more, move more and get some extra calorie burn while I was trying to lose weight.

Towards the end of my pregnancy, I got "lazy" and started using the closer bathrooms.  But that was mostly because I had to "go" so much, I needed the closer bathroom!

So back to work, and I sometimes go to the far away bathrooms and sometimes the closer ones.  I really should push to go to the further away bathrooms because I think at some point I may be forced to use the closer ones, depending upon what the building owners have decided for a new layout.  So I need to get in my extra calorie burn while I can.

But TODAY, they cut off the hallway and my access to the bathrooms and the rest of the building and company.  So now I have to go outside and walk around the building to the front.  This was pure torture!  (I kid, please note the sarcasm in the previous statement.)  Today is a gorgeous sunny day and I thoroughly enjoyed my walk to and from the bathroom.  In fact, it has inspired me to go for a walk at lunch.  It's been ages since I did that.

I did my second p90x workout last night.  I still like it!  Still a little sore...but I think I will definitely be up and running and going full blast in just another week.  I really enjoyed it, especially some of the kicking and punching from last night.  I may need to invest in a punching bag.  I do like that kind of work out.  (And I recommend it highly to anyone!)  I do miss my kickboxing class....it was fun to kick butt!

And I am going to end today's post to show that I am a normal human being with selfish desires.  Today my inbox at work had a note about inviting people in the company to join my company's team for a charitable walk/run at the end of October.  I thought about joining so I could have something to train for.  But I almost hit the reply and said I would join when it mentioned the individual who could raise the most money would get Patriots tickets. :)   I don't normally do these charitable walk/run, raise money things.  (see my previous Cystic Fibrosis posts.) But Patriots tickets had me almost convinced.  Does this make me a bad person?
I hope it just makes me normal.

Feeling good today.  Much better than the past few days.  And I think I'll go for a walk outside...

No comments:

Post a Comment