Pages

Monday, August 22, 2011

Decorating?

I have zero skills when it comes to Interior Design.  I soak up the shows on the HGTV channel like crazy, but somehow, none of it sinks in enough to actually decorate my place.  I know what I like.  I can walk into a room and say "oooh! pretty!" but I can't seem to recreate this in my own home.  Anthony lacks abilities in this area as well.  Or he just doesn't care.  (which is likely) and he's cheap so he won't spend money on decorating as well (very likely!).

My mom and my sister are fairly skilled in this area.  I would love it if the two of them would decorate my place for me.  My sister is busy...my mom is not too busy right now...and for her...this is fun.

So guess what I did?  I gave my mom free reign to decorate my place.  Today she is working on some of that.  I don't know how long it will be before stuff is done (probably another month or so, when she comes back for another visit) but I can imagine my house will look a little different when I go home.

She has been periodically calling me or emailing me looking for opinions and asking questions.  I keep telling her to use her judgement...and then I get scared about what she is going to do...but the whole point of letting my mom take over and decorate for us (within a budget of course!) is that I don't have to do it.  I don't have to think about it.  I don't have to worry if this matches that etc.

So I need to tell her to stop asking me my opinion on stuff.  And so I keep saying "I trust your judgement."  Which is 100% the truth.  But she just called me to ask about a rug for the living room and described it as a short shag.....uh oh...

Updates later on the fabulous job I KNOW my mom will do.  I'm sure my place will look great. :)

3 comments:

Leontien said...

HI Dani,

Just hopped over from Lana's blog and i am happy to see all kinds of familiar faces!

Gonna catch up on your blogpost soon!
Nice to "meet" you!
LEontien
www.fourleafcloverdairy.blogspot.com

Dani said...

Leontien - Nice to have you here at my blog! I'll be sure to stop by yours as well from time to time. (cute kitty!)

Dani

Discount Chandelier said...

Yes, Dani. Stopping by in different blogs would do you great. It will give you more ideas and view more opinions as well. Its a bad idea at all right?

Post a Comment