Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

My first day back.

Yesterday was my first day back "on track" for my weight loss journey.  I tried p90x (I am doing the Lean schedule) and guess what?  I loved it!  Or at least, I loved my first day.

I am a tiny bit sore today.  I expected that though, it's been a really loooong time since I have really worked out, and the p90x program is a tough workout.  The program gives you about a bazillion warnings that it is for people who are already in shape and not for most people, blah blah blah.  I consider myself tough and prior to my pregnancy (and during pregnancy) I was still pretty tough.  Not too many people will continue kickboxing until 7 months pregnant! :)   The workout actually reminded of kickboxing, which is probably why I enjoyed it.  I did have to do some things modified, but for the most part I was able to keep up.  I was pleasantly surprised to learn that I didn't really lose any of my flexibility from before.  And I was not surprised to see that I had lost most of my strength and my cardiovascular strength is gone too.

I had Zoe on the floor with me so she could exercise at the same time.  She did some baby push-ups and lots of "bananas" and "supermans".  (which means she rolled all the way around the living room)  If you want to know what bananas and supermans are, leave a comment, I'll explain in tomorrow's post.  For those of you reading this that are familiar with this exercise ...I'm a sick individual, I actually enjoy doing these!  :)

I think it will be just a few weeks and I will feel like "me" again and the weight will just start melting off again. :)  I will report back again tomorrow and let you know how tonight's workout goes.  We shall see if I still feel like I like the program! haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment