Pages

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Defending your diet and exercise choices.

Have you ever noticed everyone has an opinion?  :)

Of course everyone has an opinion!  But mostly what I have noticed is that everyone has an opinion on what you do when it comes to diet and exercise.  So people (and I mean myself here) can get really defensive when it comes to their eating or exercise habits.

I have repeated many times in this blog, do what works for YOU.  But even I have judged people's methods, or diet, or exercise.  I'm going to make an effort to stop doing this.  Everyone's body works differently and different methods will work for them.

So why am I writing about this today?  Because I am about to try something that I think people will disagree with and I am going to get defensive about it.  I am considering trying the Eat Stop Eat method of eating.  Basically this is a fasting plan.  Or as some people have already called it.....you are starving yourself?

No.  I am NOT starving myself.  I am eating every day.  But I am going to try fasting to reduce my caloric intake.  A big reason I want to try this is because I am not very good at portion control and I don't have as much time as I used to for exercise, so I feel I need to really focus on how much I put in my mouth.  This is basically what people who get the lap band or stomach surgery do as well.  They are forcing themselves to EAT LESS.  Which will help anyone with weight loss.

In order to lose weight, you need to burn more than you eat.  Or you need to stop eating more than what your body actually needs!  With my previous methods (where I lost 30 pounds) I was already fasting.  I was fasting from my last meal of the day (5pm-ish) until the morning when I had breakfast.  About 6am or 7am.  And on some weekends that would be 8am or 9am.  So I was fasting anywhere from 13-15 hours each day.  So this is my plan, I will continue to fast in this manner, but on the Eat Stop Eat, you go for a longer time period and you do it twice a week.

Want more info?  Think I'm crazy?  Leave me some comments... :)

And of course try to eat as all natural and protein and blah blah blah....don't forget what ALSO worked for me was also eating full fat greek yogurt, whole milk and butter.  And I definitely got some opinions on that.

2 comments:

Leontien said...

haha! i have NO idea!
I try to do the fastning thing. It doesn't really work well. I have a treadmill and i thought that would work well, but it really didn't i just gave me an excuse to eat more ;-)

Well what i wanted to say is: you go girl! I'm with you either way!

Leontien

Dani said...

Thank you! Support means a lot to me when it comes to trying to lose weight. :)

Post a Comment